BMJ Score: 4.1
Quick Summary113 Investors read this
CommentaryThe company claims it already has $6B in government energy contracts. If so, we call that traction, runway, and a hedge on your bet. We’re further intrigued by WPP’s industrial strength mobile generators and an in-home unit, both of which basically plug into a home or municipal water supply pipe. (Take a shower, generate electricity!) WPP also appears to have come up with an effective use of tokens to incentivize commercial customers and consumers. Our concerns about ambitions that exceed its means were significantly mitigated by a “dream team” of executives and advisors.
- How to invest: Follow the link to join in the pre-sale. Payment can be made with ETH, BTC, LTC, and credit cards. Investors can avoid transaction fees and receive the highest number of tokens by paying with ETH.
- Discount: An incentive of 10% bonus tokens is offered in the first 3 days of the pre-sale.
- Eligibility: US residents, citizens, and green card holders will need to confirm eligibility as accredited investors. Investors can be automatically accredited if they demonstrate proof that they possess a wallet containing at least USD $100 worth of cryptocurrency.
- Token Price: $0.20 USD
- Minimum Purchase: 1 ETH
- Problem addressed/solved: WPP addresses a variety of problems. They’re specifically targeting the harmful energy production methods of the modern age. Clean energy is undoubtedly the way of the future, and WPP reduces the cost of green energy by transmitting power production data from wholesale renewable energy producers into the platform.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: WPP is in the Renewable Energy market for both the private and public sector. They’ve signed 35 years’ worth of government energy contracts and private agreements. Their main power product (Mobile HHO Power Station) will be best used by schools, shopping malls, humanitarian and disaster relief, general industries, communities, hotels, and cryptocurrency miners.
- Value Creation: Clean energy solutions that reduce harmful emissions; a mobile HHO power station which produces 100% green energy at a fraction of the normal cost; standalone clean energy supply for homeowners; and a green energy platform/crypto exchange.
- Competition: WPP is a leader in the $750 billion global renewable energy industry, and their brand is already solid. Their mission has consistently targeted innovation around producing and providing the world's most affordable and efficient 100% clean energy.
- Market size/potential: Green Energy has exploded into one of the most promising markets in the world today. It’s currently valued at $750 Billion USD and is expected to grow as new disrupters like WPP Energy continue to innovate.
- Regulatory risks: The current regulatory framework for the energy sector will have to be adjusted to encompass a decentralized transaction model. Additionally, the energy sector is highly regulated in the areas of price reporting, trade surveillance and data collection, asset management, and privacy and data protection. Then there are NERC mandates around cross-border collaborations and supply chain management, along with new leadership for the CTFC and FERC that makes the regulatory landscape a bit murky at present.
- Investor value: This is an offering from an uncharacteristically mature company entering the crypto market. The WPP token serves so many functions that its demand could fly through the roof. It’s different from other projects in that it can be used for a variety of products rather than just one platform. Token holders also receive free membership for life in the Green Energy Rebate Program.
- Disclosures: WPP has one of the most informative, organized, and transparent websites on the market. On top of that, they have a 65-page whitepaper and extremely detailed roadmap that dates back to 1972. Furthermore, they disclose their contracts with the government to initiate green energy protocols. The sum of all their government contracts exceeds a value of $50B USD. The first of these is for a $6B contract for Q4 2018.
- Token distribution: 50% token sale, 20% founders/management/operations, 10% cryptocurrency rebate program, 10% marketing/referral/bounty/rewards/community growth, 5% WPP reserve, 5% R&D teams.
- Use of proceeds: The purpose of the pre-ITO sale is to commence development of the two digital blockchain platforms and to launch the Green Energy Rebate program.
- Caps: Soft cap set at $5M USD; hard cap set at $50M USD
- Track record: With decades of combined experience (even in blockchain tech), WPP has a dream team. Rafael Ben, President and Chairman, boasts 30 years of experience in the clean energy sector; Robert Kohn, CFO, is the former president of the FTZ Energy Exchange, ENTRADE, and Exelon. Advisors include: Dr Jason Hung, Ph.D., a crypto expert and environmental engineer who has advised more than 30 ICOs and is a leading expert of ICO Bench; Heinrich Otterpohl, CEO of AEG Industrial Engineering; Aikaterini Lianoudaki, economist and chief banking officer, and several other advisors with experience in electrical engineering and software development.
- Integrity: There are three separate team categories that include the core team, token offering advisory team, and the business and energy advisors. Each group consists of talented individuals that have held impressive titles at their former companies and have demonstrated real-world experience in positions of power.
- Rafael Ben, President and Chairman (LinkedIn)
- Robert Kohn, CFO (LinkedIn)
- Troy MacDonald, COO (LinkedIn)
- Jason Hung, Senior ICO/ITO Advisor (LinkedIn)
- MVP: WPP has no existing MVP but plans to finish the Energy Cryptocurrency Exchange Platform in December 2018 and subsequently launch the WPP app and wallet in February 2019.
- Token use case: The WPP token will be absolutely necessary for the Global Green Energy Digital Platform, the WPP exchange, and the WPP mobile app and crypto card. WPP offers a variety of products and the platform will capture power production data from energy producers around the world and, in turn, will be able to offer energy at record low prices.
- Value-added: The WPP token adds value to the project because it provides the right tool to create the lowest cost of processing possible, and the use of smart contracts will make for a more efficient tracking of transactions globally while avoiding any potential disruptions. WPP tokens will be paid as rebates to buyers of the HHO solution, and these tokens will be tradable in the platform, causing the platform to experience an accelerated growth rate of new users.
- Decentralization: WPP does not explicitly say that the platform is decentralized, but it appears that it will be. They want to utilize blockchain to avoid middlemen imposing price mark-ups and exercising control through monopolies. Converting green energy resources into tradable digital assets underpinned by a blockchain ledger opens new opportunities for WPP.
- Token Supply: Total supply of 5 billion tokens
- Additional Wow Factor: This project includes 6 major initiatives, including HHO conversion of polluting power plants, HHO mobile power station, HHO home energy supply, federal government contracts, global green energy platform, and cryptocurrency exchange.
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: The WPP project takes time to understand. You cannot grasp the full scope of their mission in a quick read or video. Since the power and utility industry is very mature and concentrated, the industry might be quite slow in transforming and adopting blockchain technology.
- Halo effect: WPP lists 12 different partners on their site’s partner tab, the most noteworthy being General Electric. A partnership with GE alone gives investors and potential partners assurance that the WPP ICO is legit.
- Buzz: WPP has a solid 11K followers on Twitter and an additional 6,480 on Telegram. The WPP energy corporation has been in existence since 2009. They’ve amassed a lot of media attention about their work prior to their new blockchain initiative. Their current position as a clean energy giant will help create buzz for their upcoming token sale.