BMJ Score: 4.4
Quick Summary41 Investors read this
CommentaryFor sure, there’s a market need. Any digital asset for sale and distribution on the internet is subject to theft and misuse. Songwriters, photographers, content producers, videographers, and the makers of anything reduced to ones and zeroes have all suffered financially as a result. Just because there’s a market doesn’t mean there’s a product fit. Typerium must prove the market wants what it’s creating.
- How to invest: Send Ether to a designated address during the presale or crowd sale. ( Keep an eye on Typerium’s social media channels for an announcement providing the address and details soon.)
- Discount: Week 1 (5%), Week 2 (10%), Week 3 (15%), Week 4 (20%), Week 5 (50%)
- Eligibility: Investors from the US and China cannot participate in the sale.
- Jurisdiction: London, UK
- Problem addressed/solved: Fraud and scams are rampant on the internet. Furthermore, online transactions can be expensive, slow, and complicated.
- Target verticals: Content creators and online retailers.
- Value creation: Typerium creates a huge value for all online retailers and content creators -- total trust that your content will not be stolen or misused.
- Competition: Typerium appears to have a unique project in the making. There are other services designed to prevent theft for online content creators, but Typerium does so with the assistance of the blockchain.
- Market size/potential: According to estimates, the number of people buying goods or services online will increase from 1.46 billion in 2015 to over 2 billion in 2020. Typerium is targeting online sales and commerce, as well as everyone who creates original online content.
- Regulatory risks: Unlikely to hit regulatory issues.
- Investor value: If demand grows for the TYPE token, investors could find value in it. Holders of the TYPE token will be able to purchase or sell content on the platform.
- Disclosures: Typerium expects to release the BETA version after initial ALPHA testing, improvements, and refinements have been made in Q3, 2019. Whitepaper is informative, at 37 pages. Typerium has one of the most detailed roadmaps of any ICO we’ve reviewed.
- Token distribution: 50% token sale, 20% reserve, 15% team, 9% ecosystem, 3% foundation, 2% bounty, 1% advisors.
- Use of proceeds: 40% development, 30% marketing and acquisitions, 20% operations, 4% contingency, 4% legal, 3% foundation.
- Soft cap: US $2,000,000.
- Hard cap: US $40,000,000.
- Track record: This team has an exceptional entrepreneurial track record. The CEO, Alexander Haigh, founded Europe’s leading online font technology development and licensing business, HypeForType. His company provided service for major corporations like Nike, Starbucks, Google, Apple, and Disney, just to name a few. Ali Kurtze, Typerium’s blockchain leader, has successfully lead development teams of 27 developers to build, execute, and deliver digital brand campaigns for global brands such as Nissan, Sony, and AMC.
- Integrity: Team members each excel in their respective fields, which is a good sign. The question is how the team will function together and whether they will hold the same trustworthiness as a blockchain team that they did in their past individual roles.
- Alexander Haigh, Chief Executive Officer (LinkedIn)
- Ali Kurtze Blockchain, Team Leader (LinkedIn)
- Shahpour Abbasvand, VP of Design & Development (LinkedIn)
- MVP: Typerium does not have a working MVP.
- Token use case: All content on the Typerium eco-system is bought and sold with TYPE Tokens. These tokens use blockchain and smart contract technology to help facilitate transactions on the platform.
- Value-added: The Typerium token’s value by itself is based on its underlying assets, properties, and/ or associated rights. Ethereum-based tokens rely on the well-established Ethereum infrastructure, benefiting from several advantages: security, predictability, and the use of robust and well-supported clients. Other than these advantages that similar Ethereum-based tokens also receive, the TYPE token does not add a unique value.
- Decentralization: The Typerium platform will run on one decentralized application.
- Token Supply: 2 billion
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: The Typerium project is not difficult to understand because most people are familiar with the problem of online copyright infringement.
- Halo effect: Typerium has established relationships with some of the top brands in the world. Though they’re not exactly partners, it’s still a huge accomplishment to be associated with brands like Google, Pepsi, Sony, Disney, Nike, FedEx, Adidas, and much more.
- Buzz: Typerium has an excellent online presence and has been featured on a variety of platforms including YouTube, where many analysts pick Typerium as the ICO with the most potential.