BMJ Score: 3.4
Quick Summary19 Investors read this
CommentaryTech has been good for travelers. It’s been bad for everyone else in the travel industry. Travel agents have gone the way of the poor carrier pigeon. And look what price transparency has done to airlines, hotels, and rental cars. Smart Trip Platform hopes to escape the vagaries of disintermediation, however, by focusing on a niche -- off-the-beaten-path experiences. That’s attractive. However, it means piecing together a farflung network of industry players that will accept its value proposition and tokens. And that could be as risky as going on safari, at night and alone.
- How to invest: Smart Trip platform provides a detailed PDF on how to participate in the pre-ICO and ICO.
- Discount: Up to 30% depending on the stage. Additional discounts up to 20% for larger contributors.
- Eligibility: Must be an accredited investor to participate if you're a U.S. resident.
- A few countries get the lion’s share of international visitors at the expense of others out-of-the-way places, where small-scale travel service providers -- cozy guest houses, great local restaurants, talented tour guides -- slack the resources to compete with major chains. As a result, most tourists flock to the same places, which leads to higher prices and the feeling of a lack of authenticity.
- The Smart Trip Platform aims to reach a vast audience of travelers (mostly Millennials) and small travel businesses -- guesthouses, car rental companies, home vacation property owners, tour guides, and excursion agencies to name a few
- Key traveler benefits: Secure blockchain-based data storage, user-friendly travel-planning tools, emergency assistance, direct communication with other users in a certain location, payments for services and goods in crypto and fiat money worldwide. Benefits for travel businesses: Easy and affordable advertising on the platform, access to statistical data, direct contact with customers, quick and secure payments in crypto and fiat currencies.
- Competition in this market space is intense. TripBit and CoolCousin are just two examples of competing travel blockchains -- not to mention entrenched conventional rivals.
- The travel and tourism industry is a $7.6 trillion industry and continues to grow at a rate that outpaces the global economy.
- Jurisdiction under the British Virgin Islands. Won't hit any hard regulations.
- A decentralized ecosystem that connects travellers and service providers and combines all the functionality needed for safe, comfortable, and authentic trips --leisure or business. Developed for use on computers, iOS and Android devices.
- Whitepaper has 45 pages of great content. No sign of plans to launch a beta version. Private sale occurred earlier this year.
- 60% crowdsale, 20% reserve fund, 10% team & advisors, 10% early supporters & bounty.
- 60% development and implementation, 15% marketing, 15% operations, 5% legal, 5% security.
- Team is young without much experience. Having said that, COO Ronald Slobodchikov led a travel platform development project at SMU, Dallas. Most other members are recent graduates.
- Lack of experience makes it hard to ascertain whether team members can be trusted as good stewards of other people's money.
- Every member of the team including the advisory board has attached LinkedIn profiles to their website descriptions.
- Ronald Slobodchikov (LinkedIn)
- Arkadijs Slobodkins (LinkedIn)
- Uldis Gaismins (LinkedIn)
- A demo version is already available on the site (click Try Our Demo); please note that it illustrates only some of the features that the final version will contain.
- The TripCash token is to be used as the internal currency of the Smart Trip Platform -- to purchase and sell products and services, pay for advertising, and handle all types of rewards for user activity.
- Holders of the TripCash token will have access to the blockchain ecosystem that could enhance their entire trip. It simply makes for a better experience wherever you may be traveling.
- Total token supply of 5 billion tokens. No future emission of TASH tokens is possible.
- The benefits are obvious but the technicality behind them is a little harder to understand.
- Partnered with a few crypto-related companies to develop their platform.
- Low engagement. Not much buzz on this ICO.