BMJ Score: 3
Quick Summary50 Investors read this
CommentaryCustomer service will forever be at the heart of customer loyalty. ServAdvisor aims to revolutionize the way people consume services with their AI-incentivized rewarded reviewing platform. We like that ServAdvisor is trying to improve on the “Yelps” that already exist in areas such as information overload, disparities in the quality of reviews, and poor user interface. Unfortunately, many other blockchain startups are also tackling these issues with innovations like AI to optimize user preferences and incentivize reviews. ServAdvisor’s project fails to differentiate from other blockchain projects in this space, and their one unique feature of Wi-Fi password sharing seems as if it might become more of a liability than benefit. Servadvisor does not have a working MVP and has an extremely ambitious goal of hitting 50 million users by Q4 of 2019. Furthermore, ServAdvisor does not have much press, and their YouTube and Reddit following is almost non-existent. We do not feel confident that ServAdvisor will capture the market share in this space.
- How to invest: Interested investors can register at the following link to participate in the presale.
- Discount: 30% bonus throughout the presale
- Eligibility: No restrictions.
- Token Price: 1 ETH = 65 000 SRV (bonus included in the price)
- Jurisdiction: Germany
- Minimum investment amount: 0.1 ETH
- Payment Accepted: ETH is accepted during the presale.
- Problem addressed/solved: ServAdvisor wants to target two primary problems: 1) traditional review sites often receive feedback from consumers who either really enjoyed their experience or absolutely hated it, and those who hated their experience are 3 times more likely to leave a review; and 2) finding the right place that fits consumer needs can prove difficult. Whether you’re looking for a restaurant, gym, hotel, or barber shop, hundreds of reviews on other sites can be untrustworthy, and they rarely help decipher if that particular place fits your specific needs.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: ServAdvisor’s platform will consist of service consumers and service providers. ServAdvisor’s target market will likely consist of millennials who travel frequently and need an app to help them choose where to eat, stay, work out, etc. Retailers/service providers will use the app as a new avenue to send marketing messages to customers who might literally be standing right around the corner.
- Value creation: ServAdvisor creates a unique customer experience with the blockchain, AI, and Augmented Reality (AR). Consumers will have the opportunity to contribute to the ecosystem in order to earn SRV tokens. Incentivized users are more likely to provide an unbiased look at the experience without allowing only negative feedback to muddy the waters. Furthermore, retailers/service providers can market their products and put themselves in front of customers in a new way.
- Competition: ServAdvisor will face tough competition in this space. Other projects like FlipNpik offer similar features and follow the “incentivized user” method as well. The combination of blockchain and reward tokens will transform the service/product review sector, meaning many startups will rush toward this opportunity to get a share of the market.
- Market size/potential: Reviews have become the method of determining where to eat, sleep, work out, get a haircut, etc. Over 92% of people read online reviews when visiting a new location, and 40% of those people make a decision based on only 1-3 reviews. ServAdvisor has the most use for those who travel frequently or are often in unfamiliar places. An increasingly global economy means that on average, and across the various continents, business travel accounts for 72.6% of all travel while leisure travel accounts for 27.4%. It’s grown into a $7.6 trillion industry.
- Regulatory risks: Regulatory risks include strong regulation in the area of data protection such as GDPR and possible issues with Wi-Fi sharing privacy violations.
- Investor value: ServCoins could increase in value as more consumers and businesses join the platform. The only means of transaction on the platform will be SRV tokens.
- Disclosures: ServAdvisor hits all major points of contact in the disclosure department. They’ve got the clean whitepaper, five-page memo, well-organized FAQ section, and a fantastic explanation video. Having said that, it would help their case if they added more details for each of their employees and their qualifications/employment history.
- Token distribution: 74% crowdsale, 15% reserve, and 9% presale.
- Use of proceeds: 55% Product Development, 25% Marketing and Sales, 10% Business Development Team, 7% PM/Advisors/Legal, and 3% Bonus for Developers.
- Caps: Soft cap: 100 ETH; Hard cap: 30,000 ETH
- Track record: It’s tough to analyze the track record of the ServAdvisor team because their website and whitepaper both lack details on the team, and most of their LinkedIn/Github profiles either don’t exist or have little to no information. Two bright spots in the company would be Dr. Dimitri Sidorovitch (CEO) and Maxim Kavzunovich (CTO). Dr. Sidorovitch has 20 years of executive experience at NASDAQ companies as the former CEO of NOKIA Belarus and HUMA.zone. Maxim Kavzunovich worked alongside Dr. Sidorovitch at Nokia and was the co-founder and CTO of Huma.zone.
- Integrity: The lack of information and invalid LinkedIn/Github profiles hurt the image of the ServAdvisor team. Their best assets (as far as we can tell) have to be the duo of Dr. Sidorovitch and Maxim Kavzunovich.
- Dr. Dimitri Sidorovich, CEO & Lead Blockchain, Founder (LinkedIn)
- Maxim Kavzunovich, CTO & Senior Architect, Founder (LinkedIn)
- Elena Verbier, Chief Marketing Officer (LinkedIn)
- MVP: Alpha version of the app is expected to launch in Q4 of 2018. They already have the “App” tab available on the site, which may indicate the app will launch a bit earlier than expected.
- Token use case: ServCoins are utility tokens that will become the currency that enables retailers and service providers to utilize this blockchain distributed platform to influence and reward consumers to make smarter choices. This makes the SRV token an integral part of the ecosystem and its economy driver.
- Value-added: ServCoins can be used to incentivize customers to engage, take actions, or simply integrate ServCoin as part of an in-built loyalty program. This reward model incentivizes users to interact with retailers/service providers and continually redeem and spend ServCoins where appropriate. Without the ServCoin, the ecosystem could fail due to lack of interest and lesser benefits vs. having a reward token that incentivizes consumers.
- Decentralization: ServAdvisor is a worldwide decentralized services recommendation platform based on unique customer specific preferences.
- Token Supply: Max supply of 2 billion SRV tokens.
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: Technical expertise is not required to understand the ServAdvisor project. It’s an innovative app that captures user preferences in order to recommend the best possible restaurants, gyms, hotels, etc. ServAdvisor provides a user-friendly YouTube video with an animated demonstration of ServAdvisor.
- Halo effect: ServAdvisor has no listed partners to date other than media-related partnerships (i.e new coverage, ratings, etc.).
- Buzz: ServAdvisor has an extremely low social media following with only 200 followers on both their Twitter and Facebook accounts. Their Telegram page does slightly better at 900+ members, but it’s safe to say that ServAdvisor must ramp up marketing efforts once they receive their ICO funds. A project like ServAdvisor requires recognition and a strong online presence, so that their target market can get excited about using the app.