BMJ Score: 3.8
Quick Summary112 crypto investors read this
CommentaryThere’s a need. Check. There’s a real problem. Check. There’s little competition. Whoops. Uncheck. Others are onto the same idea since protecting IP is clearly one of the blockchain’s best and nearest term use cases. As a result, betting on Qravity hinges on assessing the team’s wherewithal to execute.
- How to invest: Investors can only send ETH for QCO. Qravity provides full investor details when you sign up on their website.
- Discount: 30% bonus throughout pre-sale.
- Eligibility: No sign of restricted eligibility.
- Token Price: Initial token price: 1 QCO=0.0002 ETH, QCO per 1 ETH = 5,000 + 1,500 bonus Contribution: Minimum contribution of .5 ETH, and a max contribution of 30 ETH.
- Jurisdiction: Austria
- Problem addressed/solved: Content creators face many obstacles such as: little to no exposure or recognition in their field, doubts about project success, reduced individual accountability, and uncertainties when equating contribution to equity. Furthermore, financial hurdles (such as large overhead and a lack of private investment funding and government grants), inadequate infrastructure, difficulty finding sufficient resources with core skills (design or development), and limited access to major development companies often cause project postponement, abandonment, or cancellation. Qravity aims to bring digital media content creators together to develop their ideas, empower digital media content creators to develop their skills, and give digital media content creators ownership of the projects to which they contribute.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: The target customers for the Qravity platform are digital media content creators. Other users of the platform would be project founders, distributors, and consumers.
- Value creation: Creators get a portion of the revenue every time someone buys content they helped to create. The platform offers a secure and transparent way for content creators to interact with employers and goes beyond acting as a job board, providing a complete content platform where individuals can collaborate and organize workflow. Qravity changes the way the existing freelance markets work. The platform will only host commercially viable content and will review project proposals and select those with high market potential to ensure profitability for all project stakeholders. Despite removing the middleman and financial barriers, Qravity focuses on introducing transparency to the collaboration and distribution process with transactions and profit sharing. Its use of immutable smart contracts facilitates trust in a digitalized work economy, protects copyrights, and ensures fair compensation.
- Competition: Qravity is indirectly competing with production studios and directly facing competition from blockchain-backed companies like Colony, Cofoundit, and Decent.
- Market size/potential: The digital content market is larger than ever and will continue to grow. Digital media alone is a $100+ million industry.
- Regulatory risks: It would be a major surprise if Qravity hits regulatory issues. The QCO is just a utility token, and they’re based out of Austria.
- Some of the problems in the digital content world are a bit fabricated in the sense that they’re certainly a nuisance, but not legitimate issues. Qravity does, however, create a lot of value for a few different customer segments. Their platform has a lot of use cases for those who choose to partake. The market score is 4.0.
- Investor value: Investors realize gains through capital gain. The more creators and consumers purchase the coin, the more it will increase in value. Holders of the QCO token will also have access to the Qravity platform if they wish to utilize its features.
- Disclosures: The whitepaper is informative and of decent length (51 pages). Qravity provides in-depth explanations as to how and when the ICO funds will be used. Their commitment to transparency is obvious in how much detail they give in their whitepaper.
- Token distribution: Token sale 50%, Team members & advisors 22%, Reserve 14%, Token stability 12%, Community rewards 2%.
- Use of proceeds: Marketing Qravity projects 37%, Marketing Qravity platform 19%, Operations, global offices, & CS 18%, Ongoing platform development 14%, Community events & workshops 9%, Legal & financial counsel 3%.
- Soft cap: No indication of a soft cap. Hard cap: 12,000 ETH
- Qravity is one of those unique ICOs that provides the world with a great level of transparency. They offer investors an email address, phone number, and legitimate HQ address, a rare find in the world of ICOs. Having said that, 22% of tokens going to the team might be one of the highest we’ve seen. 3.0
- Track record: Qravity has a huge team of corporate members and advisors. Their CEO, Reinhard David Brandstaetter, has experience in film distribution, music composition, and production. He gained significant insights when working on projects for Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema. He produced the sound design for Rockstar Games and owns a 3D film production company (Techtonic Slides). They also have a whole development team in SteelKiwi and their top blockchain advisor, Christopher Barber, is an accomplished project manager, blockchain consultant, and business analyst with 10 years’ experience managing large engineering projects.
- Qravity seems to give every last work-related detail regarding their team and group of advisors. They make a serious effort to leave no stone unturned, which bodes well for the integrity of the business.
- The Qravity team has proven experience and the CEO has a nearly perfect background for this project. Their detailed descriptions of team members leave no doubt that each employee has the right qualifications and talent to help this project soar. 4.5
- Reinhard David Brandstaetter, CEO & Founder (LinkedIn)
- Christian Sascha Dennstedt, CFO & Co-Founder (LinkedIn)
- Christopher Barber, Economy Consultant & Blockchain Advisor (LinkedIn)
- Patrick Seguin, Content Advisor & Lead Writer (LinkedIn)
- MVP: MVP developed and launched in July 2017. The first release of digital content developed on the platform is projected for 2019.
- The token will be used for multiple purposes, such as accessing digital content and creating projects within the platform. Digital content tokenization is one of the best uses of blockchain because it can make content that is traditionally difficult to track and share more liquid and accessible to investors without huge capital resources. There are two coins here: the QPT and the QCO tokens. The QPT tracks project ownership and represents a share in a project. These are exclusively for internal use and cannot be purchased; they are given to content creators in exchange for completed work. The QCO is for monetary transactions. Every time a consumer buys content on Qravity, creators receive a portion of the payment in QCO based on the amount of QPT they earned. Qravity will generate revenue by sharing ownership of each project as well as through consumer purchases of digital content on the platform via QCO tokens. They also plan to earn revenue from distributors and retailers by maneuvering QCO to be the preferred choice for B2B payments within the industry.
- Value-added: The unique value is that the entire ecosystem revolves around the QCO tokens and this ecosystem provides value to content creators and consumers.
- Decentralization: The Qravity platform is a decentralized digital content development and distribution platform.
- Token Supply: Total fixed token supply of 1 billion QCO.
- Qravity has had an existing MVP for quite some time, meaning they’ve had plenty of opportunities to improve it over the last several months. Their token offers value to content creators and consumers alike. 4.0
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: The Qravity platform and concept take time to completely understand. The overarching idea can be explained and understood easily, but the actual platform requires some in-depth reading to really grasp its functions.
- Halo effect: They are partnered with SteelKiwi, an international software development company.
- Buzz: There is low buzz on Qravity. Their social media accounts don’t get much attention and buzzsumo has their top article at only 80 engagements.
- The Qravity platform is complicated and takes a bit to fully understand, which could explain why their social media accounts have so few followers. It’s difficult to get excited about something you do not understand. On the other hand, the project has very clear token economics, which could boost the earnings of individual creators. 3.0