BMJ Score: 4
Quick Summary32 Investors read this
CommentaryIf there’s a sector, um, ripe for blockchain, it’s agriculture. Get this: By using the blockchain, Walmart was able to track the fresh produce it sells to its source of origin in two seconds, down from six days. Imagine what that could mean to the next incident of contaminated romaine. Using advanced analytics, Pavo helps farmers grow higher quality, higher yielding crops, and connects them directly, via blockchain, to customers, like Walmart. Pavo promises you’ll know more about the food on your table.
- How to invest: Register at www.pavocoin.com to get notified of the opening of the ICO.
- Discount: 33% bonus throughout pre-sale.
- Eligibility: Minimum $2,500 investment.
- The PAVO platform offers a number of features. With its help, token holders can: record production practices in real time via the Pavo IoT gateway; record, report, and analyze activities from planting and spray records to shipping; track labor costs and productivity; easily measure and manage the entire operation from anywhere.
- Primary customers would be growers of various agricultural products. Having said that, consumers, corporations, and farmers can all utilize the platform.
- Pavocoin will face lots of competition. Many ICOs are targeting the agricultural industry given its sheer size and potential, not to mention established ag suppliers and middlemen.
- Agricultural industry sits at $5 trillion globally, and indoor farming is also expected to grow at 22.4% CAGR in 2018.
- Company is registered in Switzerland. Will not hit any regulations in the near future.
- A software solution that helps with regulatory compliance from seed to market, and helps growers better manage the costs of labor, supplies, and electricity. A way for growers to better track their product and test results, and to better brand themselves as providers of a safe, high quality, environmentally friendly product. A secure digital cryptocurrency that solves the problem of a lack of attainable financial services for small to mid-size farms.
- Pavocoin has an intense 84-page white paper. Pavo Platform with hyper ledger beta is expected to launch in Q3 of 2018.
- Tokens will be distributed as follows: 50% crowdsale, 15% team/partners/advisors, 20% controlled reserve fund, 10% community reserve, 2.5% ICO incentives and bounty, 2.5% growers reserve.
- Funds will be allocated as follows: 40% development, 30% community, 10% marketing, 10% administration, 5% legal expenses, 5% reserve.
- The Pavocoin team consists of an extensive group of professionals with long careers. The team has successful past projects and all members have excellent LinkedIn profiles. Easy to say these professionals are experienced to give investors peace of mind.
- CEO Erhan Cakmak has 25 years of executive management experience and most recently oversaw the expansion of an IoT company into the U.S. market.
- Co-founder Allan Young founded Runway Incubator, one of the largest technology incubators in the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley
- Only one top executive has direct experience in agriculture.
- Allan Young (LinkedIn)
- Erhan Cakmak (LinkedIn)
- Ari Gortman (LinkedIn)
- Dave Dabbah (LinkedIn)
- Mehmet Coka (LinkedIn)
- Atakan Cetinsoy (LinkedIn)
- MVP of Pavo IOT gateway was launched in Q1 of 2018.
- PAVO will also use smart contracts to support the forward sale of crops and to secure transactions through the marketplace.
- The PAVO token is very similar to others in that it facilitates the transactions that only occur on the PAVO platform.
- Pavo uses a truly decentralized platform.
- 200,000,000 tokens will be issued by Pavo. There are currently no plans to generate additional tokens.
- The idea of operations improvement is simple, but the underlying tech can be difficult to understand if you're unfamiliar with blockchain.
- Pavocoin listed eight different partners -- none that would be recognized by the average investor.
- Low engagement across the web, but it does have a few notable features on sites like Bitcoin.com and Cryptovest.