BMJ Score: 4.1
Quick Summary68 Investors read this
CommentaryWhat's a "nonce," some of you may ask. It's a one-of-a-kind number at the core of the cryptography used to secure coins and tokens. The computing power used to find them is staggering. According to Eric Holthaus at the Grist, mining for bitcoin gulps more electricity a year than Morocco, Ireland, Slovakia and 150 other nations. HydroMiner’s pre-ICO may be worth considering for this real-world problem alone. What’s more, we see real parallels between mining and electrical power utilities – big, safe, and regulated.
- How to invest: HydroMiner accepts bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and wire transfers.
- Discount: 30% throughout pre-ICO.
- Eligibility: Investors who 1) do not hold a Chinese, Kazakh, Iranian, or North Korean passport and 2) do not have residence in China, Kazakhstan, Iran, or North Korea. Accredited U.S. investors alone can participate and then only if confirmed via letter to HydroMiner.
- Minimum investment of US $140,000 required.
- HydroMiner is one of the world’s largest miners already, and it’s already using hydroelectricity. If anyone knows mining’s cost structure, HydroMiner does.
- HydroMiner is targeting other miners to use its platform and to buy the mining equipment it makes.
- It’s a potential win-win for investors and for the environment. Given the forecast for crypto-mining’s consumption – it’ll skyrocket -- HydroMiner promises to create sustainable value for coin holders in lock step with sustainable energy resources needed to meet mining demand.
- HydroMiner faces fierce competition. Reason: Consolidation is likely, just as it was among public utilities during the 20th century. HydroMiner hopes to become one of the industry’s dominant survivors by getting ahead of the power-cost-consumption curve.
- The market need for HydroMiner can be expected to grow in direct proportion to global cryptocurrency mining -- at a CAGR of 29.7 percent for the foreseeable future, according to Coherent Market Insights.
- HydroMiner’s offering will take place in Austria under that nation’s capital markets Law. HydroMiner claims it’s compliant.
- Notably, HydroMiner has created a P/E calculator that estimates the value of different investments, reflecting its financial acumen and investor relations savvy.
- The whitepaper is a massive 74 pages, one of the longest we’ve seen.
- Within the first 120 hours of main sale or Oct. 31, 2018, whichever is earlier.
- Up to $ 1.2 million for marketing for H3O’s main sale. After that, proceeds will be used as follows: 25% marketing and advertising of HydroMiner; 75% expansion of mining facilities/new facilities.
- Soft cap: $ 1 million.
- Hard cap: $ 7 million
- Its 15-member executive team and its 16-member group of advisors have plenty of experience in tech, crypto, and law. But no one has any background in utilities. Co-founder and Co-CEO Nadine Damblon doesn’t, nor does her sister and co-founder, Nicole. However, Co-CEO Michael Marcovici established a trading company that became eBay’s biggest global power seller.
- Management’s inexperience in the power utility sector is significantly mitigated by the fact they were behind a FIRST ICO last year that raised about US$4.4 million.
- Nadine Damblon, Founder, Co-founder & CEO: (LinkedIn)
- Nicole Damblon, Founder: (LinkedIn)
- Christian Vogl, CTO: (LinkedIn)
- Davies Guttmann, CFO (LinkedIn)
- HydroMiner operates two existing mining farms.
- Its H3O token – isn’t that a clever name! -- will be the first fully compliant security token under European financial laws, which will grant rights similar to those enjoyed by traditional corporate shareholders.
- The H3O token will be used to fund a third mining farm in Austria. The tokenized H3O securities will combine the legal characteristics of participation rights with the advantages of the blockchain. The investors participate in the performance of the company itself. H3O tokens will covert tokenized shares when HydroMiner is listed at a stock exchange, likely the London Stock Exchange. Then, H3O token holders will become shareholders with all the same rights (at a discount to the IPO price).
- 100 million total tokens released during the pre-sale.
- In March, it launched a mining portal that allows users to redeem their H2O tokens for 2-year mining contracts, which can also be purchased with fiat money, BTC, ETH and other cryptocurrencies.
- Customers can choose if they want to mine bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, Ether Classic or Zcash. Others will follow.
- HydroMiner offers a unique opportunity -- its token is technically a security coin. As such, it resembles a conventional IPO. Nevertheless, its newness promises to present investors with nuances they’ve yet to master.
- HydroMiner lists eight different partners ranging from crypto exchanges to investment banks. One, Ascendiant Capital Markets, LLC, a 17-year-old boutique investment banking firm headquartered in California, promises to provide crucial support.
- Lots of buzz surrounding this SCO. It has a significant following. Top article has 1.5K engagements.