BMJ Score: 4.5
Quick Summary2 Investors read this
- How to invest: If you're a sophisticated investor or High Net Worth individual and you're interested in taking part in the pre-sale (which has a minimum investment of $10,000), then email [email protected]
- Discount: 50% bonus during pre-sale.
- Eligibility: Minimum investment of $10,000. Appears that savvy investors or high net worth individuals are preferred.
- Giftcoin wants to solve the problem of untrustworthy charities. Typically, people can donate to a charity of their choice, but they rarely have any knowledge of their donations creating a real impact or even being used for the reasons described by the charity. Giftcoin is a way to ensure your donations go exactly where they should.
- Giftcoin will be used by donors and good, charitable causes who want to provide their donors with full transparency.
- Giftcoin creates the value of trust. Donors can feel secure knowing exactly where their money is going and what it will do for people in need.
- Giftcoin's vision is to create a world in which every time you give money to charity and good causes you can have total trust that your funds are going exactly where you want them to.
- Beta version to be released in September 2018.
- Tokens will be distributed as follows: 45% during ICOs, 25% reserved in Giftcoin Foundation, 15% for the team, and 15% undefined. Undefined tokens will be retained for distribution for community initiatives, business development, academic research, education and market expansion. Funds raised will be allocated as follows: 47% tech development, 29% PR, marketing, and sales, 12% legal and accounting, 7% Admin, 5% overheads.
- Team consists of proven entrepreneurs who have started or worked with charities in the past. Both co-founders are proven entrepreneurs with one founding "Optimum Health Clinic" and the other a Fintech company. They also have an extended group of advisors for charity, financial, and blockchain matters.
- Considering the project is centered around trust in the charity industry, the team always emphasizes how they seek to provide customers, investors, and any other stakeholders with full transparency of the project and its operations.
- Alex Howard (LinkedIn)
- Tim Bichara (LinkedIn)
- MVP expected to launch in July 2018. "Our MVP will meet all the core requirements for the platform to exercise its purpose. We hope to have the first batch of charity organisations to choose from and a fully operational currency."
- In order to make the process of donating "feeless", efficient, and easy... a token is definitely required. Giftcoin can also keep track of the tokens on the blockchain to make sure they go to the proper location.
- Token adds great value to the project. A project with the exact same mission would not be successful if they tried using fiat currency rather than a token.
- Although the solution is built on an ERC 20 token, the bulk of transactions are handled off-chain by a separate permissioned ledger. Transactions in a Giftcoin block are hashed and the hash is sent back to the Ethereum network and written on-chain along with a hash of the ledger source that was used to create the block. In short, project utilizes the blockchain but is not fully decentralized.
- Total supply of 1 billion tokens. No chance of more tokens being distributed in the future.
- Partnered with a number of UK charities including English Heritage and Enhance the UK.
- Thousands of shares for most articles regarding Giftcoin. High amount of buzz for this ICO.