BMJ Score: 3.3
Quick Summary26 Investors read this
CommentaryDNN's prospects are being buoyed by the ongoing controversy about Russian disinformation trolls, political charges of "fake news," and general public wariness about the independence and motives of Big Media. Promises to focus exclusively on factual and thorough takes on current affairs, by rewarding publishers, reporters, consumers who contribute quality content and commentary. DNN declares its aspiration to become the most trusted and democratic news alternative to mainstream media.
- How to invest: To purchase DNN tokens, send ETH to the DNN crowdsale contract at http://crowdsale.dnn.media/contribute. Be sure to send from an Ethereum ERC20 compliant wallet such as MyEtherWallet.
- Eligibility: The minimum to contribute in the public sale is 0.001 ETH.
- Public distrust of mainstream media deep and broad.
- Aimed at the entire media ecosystem -- publishers, reporters, and those who want to contribute.
- Writers can earn tokens for publishing articles that meet DNN’s editorial guidelines. Others must pledge tokens to contribute, either gaining tokens or losing their stake, depending on the publishing outcome.
- All existing, establishing national, international news outlets -- newspapers, websites, broadcast, radio.
- Whitepaper is a solid 54 pages.
- Tokens will be distributed as follows: 40% token sale, 20% private pre-sale, 14% advisors, 11% retained by DNN, 10% founders, 4% writer accounts, 1% bounty program.
- Funds will be allocated as follows: 40% development, 35% general and administrative, 10% legal, 10% marketing, 5% miscellaneous.
- Running a news outlet to take on entrenched outlet under any circumstances is difficult. It will be even harder for this team, which counts only one advisor with any news-related experience.
- DNN provides detailed descriptions of each team member on its website.
- Samit Singh, Co-Founder & CEO, Product & Design (LinkedIn)
- Dondrey Taylor, Co-Founder & CTO, Tech & Development (LinkedIn)
- Alpha (MVP) accessible via the website. Beta to be released in Q4 of 2018.
- Publishers earn tokens for storing published articles and hosting DNN platform. Vote on token pricing of all DNN actions (e.g. writer fee for submitting articles, minimum reviewer stake, token reward rate etc). Readers can earn tokens for pointing out inaccuracies or violations of DNN’s editorial guidelines. Readers can suggest topics to writers as bounties. Play a pivotal role in ensuring that the DNN article feed remains factual.
- DNN is a decentralized platform built on top of the Ethereum blockchain.
- Total supply of 1 billion tokens.
- Easy concept to understand.
- Being featured on Forbes and Bloomberg adds some legitimacy. Tons of press on their website. Lots of interest from other ICO review sites.