BMJ Score: 4.3
Quick Summary42 Investors read this
CommentaryThe cybersecurity industry is in need of a paradigm shift with an emphasis on efficiency, transparency, and trust. While the market is highly saturated with info sec vendors, it can be research-intensive to learn about security solutions, and small businesses with limited resources often suffer from an inadequate security posture. Cloudbric sees an oversaturation of security solutions, (more than 1600 different providers), as well as a surplus of data and uncertainty of product effectiveness. Cloudbric is offering security as a service, and has won many awards for their existing business model. Cloudbric differentiates from the competition here in that they focus on three different security sectors- web, device, and crypto assets. They also offer a network to provide free resources and tools to benefit the community. Furthermore, there is a security rewards program where users are rewarded to train the AI by contributing their logs to help enhance the system. This is a unique platform because it is already functioning and has a token that will serve as a form of voting rights (equity), as well as utility to access the platform. There will be a 50% discount if services are paid for in the CLB token, which will directly contribute to demand. The team is highly experienced and is rapidly expanding, and the advisors include the CEO of Samsung China as well as an advisor for Kapersky Lab. Overall, this is a very interesting ICO in a hot market space. The token economics make sense, and we think Cloudbric will bring welcomed change and disruption to the cybersecurity industry.
- How to invest: Interested investors must first register on the site to participate.
- Discount: 15% bonus throughout round 1, Aug 23 - Sep 1 and 10% bonus throughout round 2, Sep 13 - Sep 22.
- Eligibility: Restricted countries: China, US
- Token Price: 1 CLB = 0.00008 ETH
- Jurisdiction: Singapore
- Minimum Investment: Round 1: 5 ETH, Round 2: 3 ETH
- Problem addressed/solved: Cloudbric aims to solve the three major issues users encounter in the cybersecurity market: oversaturation of security solutions, privatized threat intelligence data, and uncertainty of security vendor performance.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: The Cloudbric platform will serve both individuals and the enterprise. It also functions as a cryptocurrency and digital asset protection system for investors.
- Value creation: The Universal Security Platform is an all-inclusive suite of ready-made cybersecurity solutions that utilizes AI and deep learning. A few features include intelligent threat detection, 24/7 real-time protection, and one of the largest decentralized threat databases on the planet.
- Competition: The competition in this sector of the blockchain industry will be stiff. Other projects such as Uncloak will serve as the most prominent competitors… not to mention the over 1,600 cyber security solutions that currently exist on the market.
- Market size/potential: The cybersecurity market as a whole is expected to become a $165 billion dollar industry by 2023 with the fastest security adoption rates stemming from the APAC region (where Cloudbric will target their efforts). The industry will not stop growing anytime soon as more and more aspects of life become digitized, requiring more security solutions. Plus, Cloudbric wants to take advantage of one of the fastest growing technology markets today, the artificial intelligence sector. According to global forecasts, the AI market is expected to reach a size of $191 billion dollars by 2025.
- Regulatory risks: The positive news here is that Cloudbric is a cybersecurity company helping to address regulatory risks that come from compromised data. The platform will probably have its own solutions to manage PCI, HIPAA, and SOX security regulations, along with GDPR mandates.
- Investor value: Investors could find value in the CLB tokens as more users join the platform, but, unlike most ICO projects, Cloudbric already has thousands of clients. Cloudbric is an established venture with thousands of members and partners and a solid track record of developing successful products. With those partners and enterprises already paying for services, CLB token usage could be high from the beginning, as users are offered 50% discounts when paying with CLB.
- Disclosures: Cloudbric has a solid website and, more specifically, FAQ section, but their whitepaper has only 29 pages of content (about half as much as most Pre-ICOs).
- Token distribution: 44% will be allocated for the token sales events, 25% will be allocated for the Cloudbric Security Rewards Program & Operational Costs, 16% will be allocated for the core Cloudbric team and advisors, 10% will be allocated as an investment reserve (i.e. potential exchange listing, strategic partnerships, etc.), 5% will be allocated for marketing efforts to help promote CLB tokens, and 1-2% will be reserved for airdrop and bounty program.
- Use of proceeds: 45% development, 25% strategic partners, 15% reserve, 5% operation, 5% marketing, and 5% business development.
- Caps: No indication of a soft cap; Hard cap: 10,000 ETH
- Track record: T.J. Jung has acquired 10 years of information security experience and is the current CEO and Co-Founder of Cloudbric. His background in cyber security dates back to his time with Penta Security Systems, Asia’s top cybersecurity vendor, and MyDiamo. Joey Song (COO) graduated from Penn State and began his career as a consultant at Deloitte. He then worked his way into Penta Security Systems as the VP of Global Businesses Development prior to his role as the COO of Cloudbric. The most impressive aspects of the Cloudbric team might just be their advisors. They have Sungjae Hwang, CEO of FoundationX, and Young Ha Kim, former CEO of Samsung in China, to name just a few.
- Integrity: The depth and talent on the Cloudbric team would impress any investor, but it’s their pre-blockchain parent company that gives them the edge on other projects. Established companies that venture into the blockchain space nearly always have a greater sense of integrity as they are representing the name of a respected corporation.
- TJ Jung, CEO & Founder (LinkedIn)
- Joey Song, Chief Operating Officer (LinkedIn)
- Giseung (LinkedIn)
- Min Woo Nam, Head Blockchain Dev (LinkedIn)
- MVP: The first facet of the new decentralized security ecosystem will revolve around Cloudbric Labs. Cloudbric Labs is an award winning security resource community designed to make threat intelligence open and accessible to the masses in the form of free-to-use security resources and tools. The beta version of Cloudbric Labs can be found at the following link.
- Token use case: A minimum balance of CLB tokens must be deposited or accumulated within each user account wallet in order to utilize all security services. Tokens can be used for various purposes including discounts and purchases from Cloudbric’s extended partner network. Users can also earn CLB tokens by contributing security information to Cloudbric's Decentralized Universal Security Platform.
- Value-added: The reward system on the CLB platform gives it an edge against other non-blockchain platforms in that thousands of users are able to earn tokens for their contributions to the security of the platform. Users will be able to train the very technology that helps protect their online digital assets by contributing anonymous cyber threat logs to advance the accuracy and learning capabilities of Cloudbric’s deep learning module. For their continued security contributions, users will be rewarded through the free distribution of Cloudbric cryptocurrency (CLB) tokens directly to their user account.
- Decentralization: Cloudbric’s primary mission is to revolutionize the cybersecurity market by making information security open and accessible to all users through the introduction of a new Decentralized Universal Security Platform.
- Token Supply: Max supply of 1 billion CLB
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: The Cloudbric mission is to make the web and blockchain industry safer. The technical side of web/blockchain security can get tricky, but a deep dive on the website will make almost anyone understand the project.
- Halo effect: They have a variety of partners, but most of them pertain to crypto advisory or legal services. A few of their partnerships include Zerocap, Tokenomia, and Lunar Digital Assets. However, their existing business has established 50+ enterprise partners and 10,000+ members, and they’ve received numerous awards such as the Cyber Security Excellence award and Stevie Silver award.
- Buzz: Cloudbric has a below average level of buzz. Their Facebook (4,800), Twitter (9,000), and Telegram (10,000) have gained traction, but a successful pre-ICO has to generate more interest than what they currently have. Having said that, Cloudbric was featured in a Forbes article highlighting their ICO. The article can be found at the following link.