BMJ Score: 3.9
Quick Summary34 Investors read this
CommentaryInvesting of any sort is a fulltime job, so to speak, because it’s so complicated and developments move so swiftly. This is triply true for cryptocurrencies. Little wonder then that companies like B21 are popping up in the emerging ecosystem. People will, in fact, happily provide their money to others, like Charles Schwab, say, to manage or, more specifically, to manage on the Schwab platform. (Or the hordes of others just like it.) However, a verifiable use case doesn’t mean that B21 has cracked the code. It’s a very early stage investment, without much market validation yet.
- How to invest: The only coins accepted for the purchase of B21 will be BTC, BCH, ETH, and EOS.
- Discount: 16% discount throughout pre-sale
- Eligibility: The B21 token sale is not available to residents or citizens of US or the Peoples Republic of China. See www.b21.io for complete terms and conditions.
- Jurisdiction: B21C Limited is a Gibraltar registered company #116274
- Problem addressed/solved: Currently, investing in crypto assets is a very complex and cumbersome process that requires a degree of technical sophistication and an understanding of cryptocurrencies and related technologies. That’s why cryptocurrency investment has not been widely embraced by the general public. B21 will make investing in crypto assets available to the mass market.
- Target customers: Those interested in investing in cryptocurrencies without having to learn the entire process by themselves, and those looking for a way to invest their money beyond the traditional stock market
- Value creation: First wealth management application exclusively for crypto assets. Full transparency data to be published on EOS. Gives people the ability to participate in a space that’s new, exciting, and potentially lucrative.
- Competition: B21 will face competition in the form of other asset management platforms, most of which don’t utilize blockchain technology (think Robinhood, Betterment, Wealthfront, etc.). B21 plans to differentiate itself by developing a platform which makes the complex crypto assets markets easily manageable over a smartphone application to a global audience.
- Market size/potential: The market size is much larger than you might think. There are hundreds of thousands of individuals who want an “in” to the cryptocurrency action. This market will continue to grow as people see the astronomical returns that cryptocurrency could provide investors.
- Regulatory risks: B21 claims they’ve applied for all necessary licenses. Their status in London will help them avoid any undue laws or regulations.
- Investor value: Investors could derive value from B21 as more and more people join the platform. The cryptocurrency market will continue to grow as traditional investors switch over to the more promising crypto sphere. This interest could inherently drive the value of B21.
- Disclosures: B21 has to pass a few legal hoops in the future. It's applied for a bank license and expect to hit a few more regulatory obstacles. Their beta version is expected to launch in Q3 of 2018 on the Android and IOS app stores. Whitepaper is short at 26 pages, but boasts an impressive amount of information.
- Token distribution: 50% main sales, 40% retained by B21 for future offerings and employee incentives, 10% retained for bounties
- Use of proceeds: 40% Software and Personnel, 10% Infrastructure, 10% Legal and Accounting, 20% Marketing, 20% Unencumbered Reserves and Licenses.
- Soft cap: Minimum US $3 million
- Hard cap: Maximum US $29 million
- Track record: The B21 team has an excellent combination of blockchain and financial backgrounds. The two founders, Miles Paschini and Nitin Agarwal, have decades of experience in either finance or fintech. Paschini is a serial entrepreneur with almost 30 years’ experience in building innovative businesses in mobile and financial services markets. He also recently established one of the first crypto-linked debit cards. Argarwal was an early investor in cryptocurrencies that include BTC, ETH, and EOS and has over 15 years of experience in building products, financial services, and marketing and sales functions.
- Miles Paschini, Founder (LinkedIn)
- Simon Pearson, Founder/CEO (LinkedIn)
- Nitin Agarwal, Founder (LinkedIn)
- MVP: No MVP to date.
- Token use case: B21 token will be used to manage fees and incentives across the network. Fees will be uniform across all geographies. Earnings can be converted easily and immediately into crypto or fiat. Earnings will be tracked in the ledger to create a market demand for tokens.
- Value-added: B21 states that using a blockchain-based token makes collecting fees and paying earnings easy, and it will be able to automate transactions which are immutable and transparent.
- Token Supply: Maximum token supply of 500 million tokens. A fixed supply of the B21 token will be created during the token sale with no mechanism for the supply to be increased.
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: This is a super easy concept to understand. B21 wanted to build its project on the premise of simplicity so that anyone can invest and have full confidence/understanding in what’s happening with their money.
- Halo effect: B21 has 6 different professional service providers. Most pertain to either the regulatory or crypto side of the business. None of the partners are recognizable names.
- Buzz: Decent number of followers across all social media platforms (3,500 or more). B21 is featured on a few ICO pages but does not have top-level buzz that separates it from the pack.