BMJ Score: 4.3
Quick Summary20 Investors read this
CommentaryArtificial intelligence plus the blockchain. Korea-based AI Crypto is developing an ecosystem based on blockchain tech to make AI research easier and cheaper. Warning: Because it's startup is targeting AI researchers and developers, this is a more appropriate investment for those with AI domain expertise and experience.
- How to invest: AI Crypto wants investors to use Ethereum, but the website does not define how to participate in pre-sale. Only provides link to the bounty program. Expect information a week or two before the pre-sale ends.
- Discount: First 1 billion pre-sale tokens will carry a 20% bonus, second 1 billion tokens a 10% bonus.
- Eligibility: Minimum investment of .1 ETH. Residents of China and US are ineligible.
- Problems plaguing AI researchers: 1) high cost of hardware for adequate computing power and 2) difficult and expensive to obtain a large quantity of high-quality data so that the machines can process it.
- Customers for AI Crypto are current, potential AI researchers/developers without access to resources required for developing innovative AI technology.
- Token provides access to resources that are to be used in the advancement of AI technology.
- AI market is expected to balloon to over $60 billion by 2025. Potential growth cannot be overstated. AI has almost infinite future uses -- investment analysis, autonomous vehicles, image analysis, emotional deep learning, and more.
- Based in Korea, thus unlikely for AI Crypto to encounter regulation.
- Whitepaper is informative with decent length at 33 pages.
- Tokens will be distributed as follows: 50% main sale, 25% early investors & team, 10% company reserved, 10% advisors and partners, 5% operating/marketing.
- Funds raised will be allocated as follows: 42% development, 25% operating expense, 14% marketing and accounting, 11% business/strategic expense, 8% reserved for updates on the platform.
- AI Crypto team comprised of machine learning engineers and blockchain developers with more than 10 years of experience. Not much business/entrepreneurial experience.
- CEO Jaeho Seol received his Ph.D. in Brain & Cognitive Sciences and has a BS in computer science.
- Other team members also hold Ph.D.s or are candidates to receive one.
- Each team member/advisor has glowing LinkedIn profile.
- Jaeho Seol, Co-CEO& Chief Scientist (LinkedIn)
- Sungjae Lee Co-CEO (LinkedIn)
- Rakjae Choi, Global Sales (LinkedIn)
- Doguk Kim, Ph.D, Deep Learning (LinkedIn)
- Gyeongsu Chae, Ph.D Candidate, Deep Learning (LinkedIn)
- Ryan Jin, Ph.D Candidate, Blockchain Research (LinkedIn)
- Beta to be released in Q1 of 2019. API/SDK expected to launch in December of 2018 (API allows software programs to interact with ecosystem, SDK is a set of tools used to develop software applications on platform)
- AI Crypto Ecosystem consists of hardware, data, and models, defined as AI Crypto Vessels.
- Participants with resources receive coins by making them available to the ecosystem. Resource users pay the coins as a fee.
- AI Crypto ecosystem is impartial and decentralized.
- Total supply of 10 billion tokens.
- Targeting researchers and developers in complex field does not recommend AI Crypto to inexpert investors. Scientific background and familiarity with AI are major plus
- AI Crypto lists eight different partners on their website including Delta Investment, RocketPunch, and GovernTech.
- Lots of buzz surrounding this ICO because of its connection to hot field of AI. Featured on upwards of 10 different articles regarding AI and its integration with blockchain.