BMJ Score: 4.2
Quick Summary237 crypto investors read this
CommentaryAbele plans to radically transform the financial industry in four distinct facets which will include the storage of digital assets, a hybrid blockchain, an AI-supported trade management software, and the management of both digital and traditional assets via a hedge fund structure. From a governance and security standpoint, this provides a way for people to make human errors and still recover assets and IDs. With over $85 trillion held in funds globally, the asset management industry craves innovation and disruption. We feel that Abele is in a solid market given the blockchain’s ability to create instant transaction settlements, lower costs, transparency, auditability, and immutable transactions. We are really impressed with the token itself; many cryptocurrencies do not have underlying value themselves and value is strictly contingent upon supply and demand. The Abele token is the only way to access an account and enter Abele Trust, and its value will be protected by profits and fees generated by Abele Technologies and Abele Asset Management. In this sense, the token acts as both a security and utility token. We are also impressed with the team and partnerships that Abele has established, including relationships with ETH and NEM. Our concern stems from the fact that Abele is creating its own blockchain, and while this solution has the potential to be revolutionary, it is not fully developed or tested. We are excited to see how the team brings their whitepaper to fruition.
- How to invest: The only place to purchase ABELE Tokens is on the website. Abele will publicly alert people through this website-- abelegroup.io, traditional media and social media outlets once the token sale begins.
- Discount: 20.5% bonus throughout presale
- Eligibility: Investors can participate in the token sale if they meet one of the following conditions: (a.) International investors who reside in countries that do not regulate ICOs, (b.) International investors who are deemed Accredited Investors by their local authorities, (c.) US investors who are deemed Accredited Investors and participate in the Regulation D rule 506c offering, and (d.) US investors who are non-accredited and participate in the Regulation A+ offering.
- Token Price: Initial Token Price: $0.83 (includes discount)
- Jurisdiction: US
- Minimum purchase: $100
- Payment methods accepted: ETH, BTC, fiat currencies
- Problem addressed/solved: Since Abele has two subsidiary businesses in Abele Technologies and Abele Asset Management, they plan to solve a multitude of problems. They want to solve internal problems that almost exclusively exist in the financial realm. A few of these problems include: 1) Current market practice does not offer a truly independent and secure storage solution for digital assets. 2) Significant numbers of bitcoin can be lost forever on forgotten hard drives and servers. 3) As crypto hedge funds continue to pop up, they need a safe and secure place to store client assets and an institutional standalone digital custodian does not yet exist for crypto assets.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: Abele Trust will provide custodial services for cryptocurrencies and digital assets for retail and institutional clients, who will pay custodian fees. Abele Technologies will develop blockchain software for asset managers, hedge funds, banks, and brokers. Abele Asset Management will target retail and institutional investors.
- Value creation: The overarching financial solutions Abele plans to introduce include an increase in security and transparency, reduction of middlemen, and an establishment of trust. Abele Technology will create and operate Abele Trust, a fully digital custodian to store and safeguard investor assets, coins, and tokens securely. They will create a fourth generation hybrid blockchain, Abele Chain. This business unit will also develop and distribute trade management software built on blockchain technology which will make asset management and fund administration more cost-efficient. It will allow asset managers to execute and reconcile financial transactions efficiently and securely, which will result in lower expenses for all investors. Abele Asset Management will provide all investors access to actively managed hedge funds with investments in cryptocurrencies and traditional assets.
- Competition: The financial sector is the leading industry for blockchain innovation. Abele will hit stiff competition in the form of Qurrex, Traxia, Lili, B21, and many more. Abele’s defining factor is their push for an institutional digital asset “protector” that essentially ensures the safety of hundreds of millions of dollars in tokens.
- Market size/potential: Abele will go after the asset management marketplace, a massive, multi-trillion dollar market with an upward trend. The approximate value of these funds breaks down as follows: pension funds $31.5 trillion, insurance companies $24.4 trillion, mutual funds $23.8 trillion, hedge funds $2.8 trillion, private equity funds $1.6 trillion, and real estate investment trusts $0.76 trillion. The total value is $85 trillion (expected to increase to $111 trillion by 2021).
- Regulatory risks: This project is taking into account the SEC regulations on crypto, and there is actually a section on the website detailing how the team is working with these regulations rather than against them.
- Investor value: The Abele Group Token Sale provides investors with an SEC-regulated token sale, access to the Abele Group Product Suite and an early-stage technology company with a long-term business plan, profit sharing in the form of optional token buybacks in the secondary market, select beta-testing privileges and future token discounts, and transparency via periodic reporting and audits.
- Disclosures: Abele has an excellent executive summary and whitepaper, but what really stands out is their dedication to revamping the ICO process. They want to create a new stance for ICOs. ABELE completely supports the United States Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) view on regulating ICOs that aim at raising investment capital through tokens. In Q1 2018, ABELE filed an offering statement to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to conduct a Regulation A+ securities offering in the United States.
- Token distribution: 70% Main Sale, 25% Abele Treasury/Staff, and 5% Angels.
- Use of proceeds: Abele Technologies – 75% (Abele Trust, Digital Custodian Abele Chain, Hybrid Blockchain Abele Trade Solution, Software Development), Abele Asset Management – 10% (Hedge Fund Investments), and Abele Group -15% (Legal, Admin, Marketing, Operations).
- Caps: Soft cap 200 million tokens; Hard cap: The token sale is uncapped. Expected to Raise + $100 Million USD.
- Track record: Phil Woods, founder of ABELE Group, launched the group in 2017 with his life’s savings, investments from a few team members, kind favors from complete strangers, and support from friends to fund the team until today. Woods completed his undergraduate studies in American History and Civil Engineering at the United States Military Academy at West Point. He’s bounced around Wall Street since the early 2000’s at firms such as Citibank and UBS. Gavin Costin (Lead Blockchain Architect) has served at banks and financial institutions including DBS, London Stock Exchange, Barclays Capital, and Merrill Lynch as an Architect, Development Manager, and Technical Lead. He’s also advised a number of blockchain startups, including the first Bitcoin exchange in Singapore.
- Integrity: The Abele team displays a high level of professionalism and expertise. They all have glowing LinkedIn pages (aside from Lucio Idone) and detailed bios on the Abele website. The upper management team, along with a strong group of advisors, will undoubtedly put the investors’ interests as a top priority throughout the project.
- Phil A. Woods, Chief Executive Officer (LinkedIn)
- Gavin Costin, Lead Blockchain Architect (LinkedIn)
- Ifeanyi Jemie, Business Development (LinkedIn)
- MVP: Abele Trust is currently in Alpha, and soon to be released in Beta. Screenshots of Abele Trust are available on the products page. You can sign up to be a beta tester when it becomes available via the following link.
- Token use case: The token will be a registered security in the US upon qualification by the US SEC, and the process is underway. The token is a security in that the company will comply with relevant US Securities laws and that it intends to raise money using Public Markets. At the same time, the token has utility within the ABELE Group’s suite of products. Token holders will employ their tokens to access functions and accounts within the ABELE Group’s suite of products, or to act as proxies representing other account holder value within the workflow of the platform.
- Value-added: The Abele token will function as a basic utility token on the Abele platform. It serves as a means of transaction for all the functionalities within the ecosystem. Investors also receive the added benefit of their tokens being registered with the SEC, meaning a sudden “token burn” due to improper protocol will be virtually nonexistent… i.e the tokens are safe from government intervention.
- Decentralization: The Abele Group intends to accelerate the benefits of decentralization throughout their platforms, using tokens as a decentralized asset to transform the financial industry.
- Token Supply: Max supply of 10 billion ABELE
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: The Abele project will prove too complex for a good portion of population. They have a deep focus on the finance sector, which means many of their solutions will solve problems that the average person may not even know exist. Hopefully, their short YouTube video will ease some of the academic strain for potential investors.
- Halo effect: The Abele group has formed strategic partnerships with a few leading blockchain media (Crypto Media Group), advisory (MLG), and law firms (Morgan Lewis). They are also partnered with NEM and Ethereum as part of their blockchain operations.
- Buzz: Abele racks up an adequate Telegram (20,000), Facebook, (9,400), and Twitter (9,600) following. Their status as an existing company prior to their blockchain pivot already gives them more notoriety than most other projects.