Bitcoin trading bots allow investors to execute automated trading strategies based on pre-set parameters to take emotions out of the investing equation.
These algorithmic trading programs, which have been traditionally used by hedge funds and high-frequency trading houses, can now also be used by retail traders in the digital currency markets.
Here’s a look at the ten most prominent bitcoin trading bots available for download to compliment your in-person trade execution.
|Name||Description||Years in Business||Number of Supported Exchanges for Live Trading||Affordability||Ease of Use||Social Following (Twitter)||Score|
|3Commas||* 3Commas comes with an easy-to-use web-based trading dashboard that enables investors to view and automatically execute their trading strategies on the supported platforms. |
* 3Commas also has a copy trading feature that enables investors to automatically copy each other's trading strategies.
|1||12||$30 to $100 per month||5||2,931||4|
|Cryptohopper||* Cryptohopper is a cloud-based bitcoin trading bot that enables traders to combine a list of technical indicators to create a trading strategy that is automatically executed even when the trader is asleep. |
* The cryptocurrency trading bot also offers backtesting to try out strategies before deploying them live in the market as well as trailing stop losses for risk management.
|2||9||$19 to $99 per month||4||3,367||4|
|Gekko||* Gekko is a popular cryptocurrency trading bot that allows users to backtest and execute basic trading strategies. |
* The bot can be downloaded for free from GitHub, where its developer regularly updates the software to improve its functionality.
|Gunbot||* The Gunbot provides traders with a wide range of features to develop and execute automated bitcoin trading strategies. |
* This bot offers several plug-and-play strategies that you can "set and forgetÛ as well as the option to create your own trading strategies.
|3||10||$260 to $1,961 one-time||5||n.a.||4|
|ZenBot||* The Zenbot is another free, open-source bitcoin trading bot that enables users to develop, backtest, and deploy automated bitcoin trading strategies for free. |
* Zenbot supports a range of digital currencies and provides users with the ability to execute high-frequency trades.
|Haasbot||* Haasbot is arguably the most popular bitcoin trading bot in the market. |
* Haasbot allows traders to combine a range of technical indicators to develop, test, and deploy simple as well as advanced cryptocurrency trading strategies.
* The Haasbot also boasts exchange arbitrage and risk management features such as stop-loss limits.
|3||7||$475 to $1,360 per year||5||1,901||3.5|
|CryptoTrader||* CryptoTrader is another popular cloud-based bitcoin trading bot that enables traders to develop, backtest, and deploy technical indicator-based trading strategies.|
* The platform also provides users with a marketplace where they can buy and sell profitable trading strategies.
|3||9||$16.50 to $199 per month||4||1,681||3.5|
|Autonio||* Autonio is a new bitcoin trading bot that refers to itself as "the first decentralized AI trading application for cryptocurrencies.Û|
* Autonio is an automated trading software for both retail and professional traders that utilizes pre-determined technical indicators to create trading signals that can be automatically executed.
* Users can buy and sell the best-performing trading algorithms on the platformÛªs marketplace.
|2||2||$50 per month||4||4,239||3.5|
|Kryll||* Launched in 2018 after a successful ICO, Kryll is a drag and drop trading strategies builder for digital assets. |
* Kryll enables users to create a wide range of trading strategies that can be employed on four exchanges.
* The Kryll platform also comes with a social trading feature that enables users to follow their favorite signals channels.
|1||4||Free to 20,000 KRL (~$1,400)||4||7,046||3|
|Zignaly||* Zignaly is the newest entrant to the bitcoin trading bot sector and its beta version is currently available for free. |
* Zignaly can be integrated with TradingView and allows users to execute trading strategies directly via API on Binance.
* More supported exchanges, features, and functionalities are expected to follow in the future.
|1||1||Free (Beta Version)||4||703||3|
|HodlBot||* HodlBot enables users to deploy custom-made or ready-to-go trading strategies on a range of digital currency exchanges.|
* Additionally, HodlBot not only allows users to trade bitcoin but also to manage entire digital asset portfolios in a fully automated fashion (including automatic portfolio rebalancing).
|1||2||Free to $10/month||4||1,124||3|
|Trade Santa||* TradeSanta is a cloud-based crypto trading software that enables users to execute a range of trading strategies in a fully automated fashion.|
* TradeSanta is one of the latest additions in the crypto trading bot market but has managed to establish itself due to its intuitive, user-friendly UI.
|1||4||Free to $100/month||5||64||3|
|BTCRobot||* BTCRobot may be one of the oldest bitcoin trading bots but is also one of the least reputable. |
* BTCRobot has only made this list as it is one that regularly comes up when searching for cryptocurrency trading bots online. However, user reviews on social media have been scathing, and BTCRobot is said not to be the passive income generating-software that it markets itself to be.
|6||2||$19.99 to $39.99 per month or $399 one-time||3||n.a.||3|
- What Are Cryptocurrency Trading Bots and Should You Use Them?
- What Are the Average Fees for Using Bitcoin Trading Bots?
- How to Use a Bitcoin Trading Bot for Swing Trading
To discover more ways to invest in bitcoin and other digital assets, subscribe to the Bitcoin Market Journal newsletter today!