Quick Summary23 Investors read this
This project has developed blockchain and smart contract technologies that aim to deliver impeccable Wi-Fi network services and reward providers through a peer-to-peer system that leverages smart contracts to pay users for contributing to its network.
Raised Amount Unreported: contact us to update this information
- How to invest: To participate in the token sale, visit the following link.
- Discount: Discounts range from 10% to 50% during the ICO phase
- Eligibility: There are no restrictions for this project.
- Payment Accepted: BTC, ETH, and fiat
- Minimum investment: 300 USD
- It is predicted that there will be 2.5 billion smartphone users globally by 2019. Further statistics show that today there are more than 2 billion of those smartphone users active on social media.
- In a survey that Opp Open WiFi conducted, only 69% of participants said that they use their monthly data allowance.
- When participants were asked whether or not they would share some of their data in exchange for payment, 30% answered that they would, while another 30% said they would not. However, 40% of survey participants sought more information as to how sharing their data could be made possible.
- Additionally, almost 77% of survey participants said that when they are forced to pay for WiFi access, they wait until they can find free WiFi.
- Opp Open WiFi has 3 different type of products: a residential router, a business router, and an access point. To use this project’s service, download its app for mobile devices or order a pre-configured router. The app will activate the mobile hotspot function on the Hotspot Host's smart device and “OPP OPEN WIFI” will be made available to people in the vicinity. The Hotspot Host decides how much data to donate. The system is totally secure for both the Hotspot Host and the guest user.
- Hosts will be paid for downloading and using the app and for using the domestic routers to create secure Wi-Fi hotspots for the general public. Domestic and mobile users only need to make the public Wi-Fi Hotspot active for at least one hour each day to qualify for payment. Hosts will be paid for the number of active devices they have. The project intends to pay each host an amount of OPP tokens with an equivalent value to cover all or part of the monthly bills that they are required to pay to their ISP and mobile phone operators. The comparative value of the OPP Token will fluctuate with the market.
- Hotspot Hosts only need to make the data available for one hour each day to satisfy the smart contract and trigger payment. Payments are made on a daily basis. The project will pay for each device that is used to contribute to the Global Network.
- Each Hotspot host will select the number and frequency of advertising messages they wish to receive. These messages will take the form of “push notifications.” Hotspot users will also see advertising messages as they log on to the hotspot. Advertisers will be billed for each push notification that they send and for each banner advert that is shown to hotspot users.
- Opp Open WiFi’s advisors have a range of experience advising other ICO projects, which will likely be useful as the project matures.
- Team members have clean, transparent LinkedIn profiles that show their prior work experiences, adding validity to the project.
- The project’s CEO Martin Regan has experience as a director for multiple businesses including Vizz WiFi and Lionheart Entertainment. This experience will likely be helpful in leading the project to success.
- The project’s CTO Phillip Legg has over two decades of experience as a programmer and extensive experience working on customer relationship management.
- Martin Regan (LinkedIn)
- Phillip Legg (LinkedIn)
- Leo Antipov (LinkedIn)
- Joanna Nemes (LinkedIn)
- This project has an MVP that can be viewed at the following link.
- The OPP Token is used to reward the community for sharing their data. OPP Tokens are paid to active community members on a daily basis and make a significant financial contribution towards their monthly bills.
- Each time a member exchanges tokens, the project will make a commission on the transaction. 10% of the tokens passing through the portal will be retained by the company in the form of these commissions
- With a total supply of 4 billion tokens being used to reward the Hotspot Hosts, 10% of these tokens will be recycled each year meaning that there will be 400 million tokens available to fund hotspot hosts.
- The dashboard will feature a link to numerous online retailers and will enable the exchange of OPP Tokens and allow the community to shop on these sites. OPP will benefit from an affiliate partners commission ranging from 5% - 20% on all purchases made.
- Opp Open WiFi has a decent amount of buzz around the project with almost 11,000 Twitter followers and over 28,000 Facebook followers.
- One of the main concerns that was seen in the survey that the project conducted was that people either did not understand how the project worked, or they did not trust what the project was trying to accomplish. If these doubts can be overcome, the project could pick up momentum due to the high demand for WiFi, along with the low desire to pay for it.