BMJ Score: 4.1
Quick Summary45 Investors read this
CommentaryWe’ve seen several environmentally-aimed crypto-blockchain startups with tokens meant to be used as an incentive to clean up the planet. VLUX is one of them. The question is whether it’ll be the one. It’s a subsidiary of Green Running, which operates under the trading name of Verv. VLUX is aiming to create its VLUX (VLX) tokens to enable an energy-trading exchange. It provides a direct connect -- one of the big advantages of the blockchain -- between consumers who have, say, solar that generates more power than they can use and their neighbors looking for cheaper electricity. By combining deep-learning AI technology with blockchain, Verv’s peer-to-peer (P2P) energy-trading platform aims to improve access to affordable, low-carbon energy.
- How to invest: Register on its site (https://vlux.io) and join whitelist.
- Discount: In the main sale, there will be a 5% bonus on day 1 (May 28th 2018) and 2.5% on day 2 (May 29, 2018). The earlier you register for the whitelist, the more likely you can take advantage of those discounts.
- Eligibility: Verv is still considering where the offer will be made, based on the laws and regulations of different countries. The ITO pre-sale will definitely not be offered in China, due to its laws and regulations relating to ITOs. To participate, get in touch with Vlux via the “Contact” link on its site.
- Currently, big energy firms control the majority of the market, and greenhouse gas emissions from the energy sector represent ⅔ of anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions. CO2 emissions from these sectors have risen over the past century to ever higher levels. In addition, energy bills in the UK for example are rising at the fastest rate since early 2014.
- Customers for Vlux are home energy harvesters and people who are looking for a cheaper energy alternative than currently available.
- Verv's aim is to enable VLUX (VLX) token holders to become hosts on the Verv P2P energy trading platform we are developing, creating a community of prosumers and consumers able to trade with each other. VLUX tokens may also be given as rewards for developing Verv’s Energy Trading Platform capabilities and may be able to be redeemed for goods and services!
- Other ICOs exist that involve home harvesters either earning tokens or trading energy. Vlux will have to differentiate themselves well to compete in this sector.
- The market for home energy harvesters is low right now due to the costs of installing the necessary equipment for harnessing energy, but people will continue to look for new ways to produce energy in a
- Vlux unlikely to encounter harsh regulation as they're based in the UK.
- More and more individuals are buying their own energy generating units - like solar panels, that are capable of producing far more energy than they need as individuals. The aim of the Verv Energy Trading Platform is to enable consumers to sell any excess energy they generate directly to their neighbours at an affordable cost and therefore allow consumers who produce their own green energy to transform into true ‘prosumers’, improving access to low carbon power and reducing transmission costs. The Verv home hub, which can obtain a comprehensive and real-time overview of the electricity consumption of a home, forms the basis of the energy trading framework. Combined with blockchain technology, the aim is to provide a secure and transparent ledger through which prosumers can sell energy to their peers, not only resulting in revenue for themselves, but saving peers money on their bills, too.
- Tokens will be distributed as follows: 70% public, 10% reserved, 20% company. Funds will be allocated as follows: 47% engineering, software, R&D, 8% legal costs, 10% subsuded VHHs, 21% User Acquisition & Customer Education, 5% Contingency, 9% Ongoing Operations & Admin.
- Vlux has a LARGE team of blockchain and machine learning experts. They have one of the largest teams of any Pre-ICO evaluated by Bitcoin Market Journal. The CEO, Peter Davies, was awarded innovator of the year at the 2016 Business Green Technology event. He's spoken at numerous Fintech events over the years and started Verv initiative in 2009. The CTO, Conrad Spiteri, joined the Verv team about 2 years ago. He has 20 years experience in forging technical visions and leading all technology aspects.
- The Verv team is extensive and they each have reasons as to why they like working on a project that focuses on preserving the environment. A smart and capable team is the first step to gaining trust in the crypto community.
- Bruce Pon (LinkedIn)
- Ewald Hesse (LinkedIn)
- Launched P2P community in the UK in Q1 of 2018.
- Our aim is to enable VLUX (VLX) token holders to become hosts on the Verv P2P energy trading platform we are developing, creating a community of prosumers and consumers able to trade with each other. VLUX tokens may also be given as rewards for developing Verv’s Energy Trading Platform capabilities and may be able to be redeemed for goods and services.
- By creating a VLUX token, our aim is to ensure that a scalable network is in place as we continue to expand and roll out globally. With cross border capabilities, token users should be able to benefit from seamless functionality. VLUX (VLX) is a utility token which is being created in order to enable token holders to access our blockchain-based energy trading network and benefit from low cost, low carbon energy. Tokens are exchanged within the network for KWh energy which is then directed to the user for their consumption needs.
- Fully decentralized platform
- Information not yet available.
- Anyone can understand this concept. People producing their own energy can now access a platform that will allow them to sell that energy to their neighbors at a discounted rate.
- Partnered with Blockchain Reserve and Repowering London
- Vlux recently hit the web and is a fairly new project. Not much buzz surrounding the market as of right now.