BMJ Score: 3.9
Quick Summary21 Investors read this
CommentaryAir traffic density continues to grow dramatically globally. However, there is not yet a solution for the safe execution of air traffic and transmission of important flight data that abides by international regulatory standards. Sky[nav]pro wants to solve this problem by integrating planning and navigation software into a portable hardware device that can conveniently be mass-produced. The software itself will unite all relevant flight information on one application to include planning and navigation, flight weather data, pilot communication, and a traffic monitor for collision avoidance. What we really like abou sky[nav]pro is the platform’s lead time advantage. It is unique compared to its competitors due to its mobile hardware concept, worldwide availability, and working MVP. In addition, the team is solving a real world problem that is not tied to demand for the crypto market. The team has a great track record with experience in business management, blockchain, and engineering, and the project has notable partnerships with Lufthanza and T-mobile among others. The platform is currently used by more than 6,500 pilots, and this excites us. We would advise the team to increase their marketing and help spread the word on this innovative solution. We are confident that sky[nav]pro has the talent in the team as well as a unique product to propel it to lead this market.
- How to invest: Register at the following link to purchase your SNP tokens.
- Discount: 60,000,000 SNP, 1 SNP = 0.035 $ (50% Bonus)
- Eligibility: Due to the legal and regulatory environment in the United States of America, all U.S. residents, including accredited investors, are excluded from the SNP Token Generation event. Also, residents of China are excluded from the SNP Token Generation event.
- Token Price: 1 SNP = 0.070 $ (+ Bonus)
- Jurisdiction: Germany.
- Accepted currency: ETH
- Minimum investment: 1 ETH
- Problem addressed/solved: The increase in UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) along with the current aircraft population has led to a significant increase in air traffic. The UAVs are equipped with modern technology that can accomplish nearly all tasks in the sky whether that’s transmitting information, detecting weather patterns, etc. Organizations such as AOPA, EBAA, ECOGAS, ERAC, and GAMA call for a solution for the safe execution of air traffic and the transmission of flight important data. That’s where sky[nav]pro wants to step in and provide older aircrafts with this technology.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: Target market for this project is obviously the aircraft industry and, more specifically, pilots. Pilots of smaller aircrafts or self-owned planes will find the most use for this platform.
- Value creation: Sky[nav]pro is a planning and navigation software integrated in a specially developed hardware for communication, collision avoidance, and live tracking for general aviation. Sky[nav]pro is likely one of the first products worldwide that can successfully unite extremely useful technologies in one single box that can be produced and operated at low costs.
- Competition: The competition in the aerospace technology industry can be fierce to say the least. It appears that Sky[nav]pro might be the first company to integrate the blockchain into this space. Its lead time advantage is significant, and the project plans on beating the remaining competition via low prices on the hardware portion. The pay-per-use model will prove more cost efficient for those pilots who need some features but not all.
- Market size/potential: According to Sky[nav]pro, 385,000 active private pilots in Europe will be the prime target market. Of these, 95,000 are located within the German-speaking countries, followed by France (60,000) and Italy (45,000). In 2017, the business volume for avionics in civil aviation amounted to $23 billion USD per year, of which $2.4 Billion USD were in general aviation. By 2025 a growth of 3.5 – 7.9 % is predicted.
- Regulatory risks: The airline industry is heavily regulated. One of the reasons why there have not been solutions to existing problems is the complexity of international regulatory mandates. Sky[nav]pro will have to be cognizant of this and ensure the project abides.
- Investor value: The SNP Token does not represent any legal claims to the project or the company. The SNP Token is an ERC20 utility token, meaning the demand for the SNP Token will increase the value on trading platforms. Therefore, investors are reliant on the performance and demand for the Sky[nav]pro platform if they want to see an increase in their investment.
- Disclosures: Sky[nav]pro should be the model of excellence for other pre-ICOs when it comes to transparency and open disclosures of the project. It has tons of tutorial videos on YouTube of the platform (and other products) in action, and there is a detailed whitepaper and pitch deck that will likely give you all the information you need. Lastly, the 12,500+ member MVP is what sets the project apart from the competition. It has an excellent lead time advantage.
- Token distribution: 60% ICO & Pre-Sale, 10% Company Reserve, 10% Marketing & Events, 5% Future Community Campaigns, and 15% Core Team & Founders.
- Use of proceeds: 10% extension of the FLY platform, 15% directed toward production, 15% allocated toward sales & marketing within Europe, 25% sales & marketing in Northern America/Canada, 15% sales & marketing in Asia/Pacific, 15% allocated toward sales & marketing in the rest of the world, and 5% reserved for administrative purposes (security, legal counseling, accounting).
- Caps: Soft cap: No soft cap; Hard cap: $9 million USD
- Track record: The Sky[nav]pro team is split into four sectors: management, technology, sales & marketing, and advisory board. Tiberius Dacher, founder and CEO of Sky[nav]pro/Dacher Systems, has been developing new aviation technologies for the better part of the 21st century. A few of his projects include an SPS (Stranded Passengers System) that allows for crucial and smooth communications in the event of a crash and a Mobile Workflow for Field Service, which sends tasks to employees and gets GPS coordinates to verify. The rest of the team is filled with tech-savvy individuals who nearly all have some form of a passion for aviation, whether that’s holding a pilot’s license or having worked on planes in the past.
- Integrity: Sky[nav]pro has a solid group of older professionals who all have significant experience in their respective fields. The team structure is clear and far more structured than most startups. Knowing that Sky[nav]pro has been around much longer than the blockchain version, there’s no question that this team has the prior knowledge to pull of a project in the aviation space. The question is whether or not the team can effectively implement blockchain into the current system.
- Tiberius Dacher, Co-Founder (LinkedIn)
- Marwin Knoblauch,Co-Founder (LinkedIn)
- Nicu Vonica, Blockchain Specialist: (LinkedIn)
- MVP: Sky[nav]pro launched its mobile and web app in Q4 of 2017. It’s the non-blockchain version, but it’s garnered some serious traction with over 8,700 downloads and 12,300 registered users. The red line and blue line hardware boxes have also been developed and are currently being tested. Sky[nav]pro plans to start flight-planning and navigation with blockchain functionality in Q4 of 2019.
- Token use case: The new SNP Aviation Token will be used as the payment method for all Sky[nav]pro transactions within the network. The use of SNP tokens on the platform is mandatory. However, customers can easily interact with common fiat currencies such as EUR/USD/CHF, in addition to SNPs. SNP will be used, not only for service fees, but also for weather data purchases, online tracking fees, landing fees, fueling, and all other transactions across the aviation sector.
- Value-added: Use of the SNP along with smart contracts allows for maximum efficiency and ease of use on the platform. Smart contracts cannot be manipulated, are highly automated, and can follow a standardized execution. As far as specific content (weather, tracking, communication) via smart contracts, the payment follows without a pricey intermediary like PayPal. The content will immediately and automatically become available to the purchaser through the Sky[nav]pro hardware.
- Decentralization: Sky[nav]pro will utilize the Ethereum blockchain and follow a pay- per-use model.
- Token Supply: Dacher Systems GmbH issues a total amount of 400,000,000 SNP Token.
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: Sky[nav]pro offers a web app, mobile app, and optional hardware box for a variety of pre-flight/in-flight needs. Although the narrating robot voice is annoying, watching this short video helps give an idea of what Sky[nav]pro is trying to accomplish. Sky[nav]pro uses a lot of technical terms, especially when describing aviation, so it can get pretty confusing at times when you’re trying to get down to the bottom line.
- Halo effect: Sky[nav]pro has partnerships and companies that support the project in general, but these are mostly unknown German companies. Sky[nav]pro claims to have a partnership with T-mobile, but the details of that partnership, or any of the others, are unavailable at this time.
- Buzz: Sky[nav]pro has a combined 2,000 Facebook and Twitter followers and an additional 10,000 on Telegram. The project has a variety of social media channels, but needs to do a better job of encouraging engagement (likes, shares, comments). Sky[nav]pro has hit the pages of some solid crypto news sites like Bestcoins, Coinlauncher, and TheTokener.