BMJ Score: 3.2
Quick Summary90 Investors read this
CommentaryThe crypto market hit $269 billion USD this summer, and with this growth comes an increase in both crypto investing and ICO launches. Raido Financial is a global fintech ecosystem that wants to create a one-stop shop to provide the most efficient, comprehensive, and secure tools for participating in the crypto market. Raido’s mission is a tall order, and we worry that it might be biting off more than it can chew. There are several niche players in this market space, but Raido Financial is one of the few that allows individuals to both trade and exchange crypto, launch ICOs, and provide a merchant processing system to help retailers accept crypto and fiat payments. It is too early to tell whether or not this breadth of services will serve as a competitive differentiator or inhibit the project’s success. We are pushing for the former as we think that the Raido team is strong; the project has an excellent whitepaper and a working MVP of its wallet and exchange. We like the blockchain use case here as the Raido platform will produce reliable, transparent, and secure trading, global liquidity for institutional trade, rapid transaction times, secure wallets, and a smart system of ranking and verifying ICO projects. One area in which the project can improve is building their partnerships to help fuel growth, as well as elaborating on any ICO projects with which it has successfully worked. If Raido can successfully get users on its platform for crypto trading as well as ICO launches, we think it might have a shot at differentiating from the competition and capturing market value.
- How to invest: To invest in RF, simply visit the site and enter your email address/amount to invest to register on the next page.
- Discount: Discount included in price stated below.
- Eligibility: Restricted countries include China, North Korea, Singapore, and the US.
- Payment Accepted: Accepting ETH, BTC, LTC, BCH, DASH, ETC.
- Minimum Investment: 50 tokens
- Jurisdiction: Belize, Central America
- Problem addressed/solved: Raido Financial wants to create an all-in-one platform like never before in that most other projects don’t offer all the bells and whistles that RF will. Unfortunately, this could end up being a problem for RF as it runs the risk of spreading itself too thin as it tries to solve too many problems around trading, exchanges, and ICO launch platforms.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: Raido Financial is a global fintech ecosystem that combines a set of universal crypto tools for trading, exchange, financial and investment operations for all B2B and B2C crypto market players through the single platform. Essentially any crypto market stakeholders could find the RF project’s tools beneficial.
- Value creation: Raido Financial’s main goal is to provide all the market stakeholders with the most efficient, comprehensive, and secure tools for carrying out all needed crypto activities. Thus, the idea is to run and improve the ecosystem, whereby any participant of the crypto market can easily obtain and use tools with any experience level in Blockchain or cryptocurrency technologies.
- Competition: Raido Financial leaves itself vulnerable to a variety of competitors because the competition typically chooses to focus on one facet of what RF plans to offer. Therefore, people/businesses have the option of choosing RF or a project with more specialized tools for things like launching an ICO, active trading, and digital asset storage.
- Market size/potential: Raido Financial claims that all crypto market stakeholders could potentially find their tools and platform useful. It’s strange that RF wants to target such a huge market of businesses and people. The target market might be too broad in this case, leading to few entities actually adopting the tools.
- Regulatory risks: This is a platform that is directly tied to the success of the crypto market. If cryptocurrencies are banned and ICO launches prohibited, the project does not have any way to make revenue as its success is contingent upon the market itself.
- Investor value: RF token holders will be granted trading privileges in any elements of the Raido Financial ecosystem. The use of RF tokens gives the right to receive a discount depending on the time of participation in the system: 1st year - 55%; 2nd year - 30%; 3rd year - 15%.
- Disclosures: Raido Financial scores off the charts in this category. They have seven separate documents that explain different protocols, policies, and overall scope of the project. Their whitepaper, presentation, and one-pager hit all main areas of interest, at least for investors. RF leaves no stone unturned and produced a significant number of documents to not only disclose their project but also establish a certain level of trust and transparency.
- Token distribution: Crowd Sale members (70%), Campaign (10%), Token Distribution Developers (10%), Advisors (5%), Airdrop (2%), and Bounty (3%).
- Use of proceeds: Marketing costs 21%, developing/testing/debugging costs 36%, listing on exchanges 10%, legal expenses 9%, advisors 6%, administrative expenses 3%, bounty 3%, and airdrop 2%.
- Track record: The RF team has subpar LinkedIn profiles as most accounts have less than 300 connections. Most of the information for the team can be found at the end of the whitepaper. The CEO is an entrepreneur with great enthusiasm for cryptocurrency and blockchain. He recently went to grad school and obtained a Master of Science in Biotechnology Enterprise. The rest of the team represent heads of departments rather than the traditional C-suite structure. Dmitry Kucher, Head of the Analyst Team, has more than 12 years of experience in financial markets, including the banking sector and the stock market of Ukraine. The two advisors for the project have significant experience in ICO advisory.
- Integrity: The RF does not instill additional confidence into investors nor does it take away. The team does not have the most glamorous profiles on LinkedIn, but they clearly take transparency seriously and provide solid information on each member and advisor in the whitepaper. Overall, the RF hasn’t given a reason not to trust the team, especially with such an array of documents disclosing the project.
- Filippos Konstantinidis, CEO (LinkedIn)
- Yassin Walid Yunis (LinkedIn)
- Roman Shevchenko (LinkedIn)
- MVP: Raido Financial has a functional MVP exchange that can be accessed at the following link. RF plans to designate funds from the ICO for obtaining the necessary documents and licenses for the implementation of the marketing campaign to attract the new audience to use the finished product and assure the retention measures for existing beta/demo version users.
- Token use case: Investors can use tokens to pay for any services in the Raido Financial system, including trading fees, payments for withdrawal, listing of currencies, etc. The RF token exemplifies the purest of utility tokens in that it follows that description down to the letter.
- Value-added: To use the services of the system, it is not necessary to be a token holder. But the owners of the RF token receive a number of advantages over other participants. This slightly diminishes the value of the token since you can use other forms of payment on the platform.
- Decentralization: Raido Financial has no mention of the platform being open sourced/decentralized.
- Token Supply: Max token supply is 86,250,000. Further issuance (issue, mining) is strictly prohibited and is not provided under a smart contract.
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: On a high level, the Raido Financial project is very straightforward. It wants to create a platform with tools for carrying out all needed crypto activities. The mission statement is very broad, so we recommend watching the explanation video on YouTube for a better breakdown of the project.
- Halo effect: Raido Financial has yet to list any partnerships.
- Buzz: Raido Financial has next to no buzz surrounding the project. The team has failed to generate online attention on social media and have less than 1,000 Telegram members as of writing. It is absolutely crucial that they push a substantial marketing effort to bring awareness of their project to potential investors.