BMJ Score: 3.9
Quick Summary51 crypto investors read this
CommentaryMining altcoins continues to be a hot topic in the crypto sphere. We like that Miner Edge aims to solve the problem of inefficient energy use for crypto mining, and the promise of cheap green electricity with a focus on renewable energy is a major differentiator. Miner Edge has a really strong team with a track record of delivering projects with profitability in a variety of industries, and their transparency is key in terms of disclosing why they picked their location and how they will ensure profitability to their investors. We also love that that there is an investment tracker to ensure investors can see their profits. With their soft cap already reached, it is clear that the community values this project, and we are excited to see it kick off in November. Our concern stems around the competition in this market; there are ICOs like MinerOne that have been around longer and have the market lead. However, we are impressed with Miner Edge’s token structure...specifically, that MET holders are entitled to get monthly payouts from the total profit of the mining operations. Three key benefits to token holders are: monthly payouts in ETH; the ability to save, sell or exchange tokens; and safe payout distribution via smart contracts. Overall, Miner Edge seems to be a standout ICO in the saturated mining sphere.
- How to invest: You can pay for MET tokens in ETH, BTC, LTC or USD using the payment options available on the website. Register for the pre-sale at the following link.
- Discount: 8% bonus throughout pre-sale
- Eligibility: Miner Edge (MET) tokens are not available to Canada and U.S. citizens, residents, green card holders, and other persons, both natural and legal, except for professional (accredited) investors who may contact Miner Edge individually for more information on participation.
- Token Price: $0.70 USD
- Jurisdiction: Registered in Anguilla
- Problem addressed/solved: Miner Edge does not use blockchain tech to solve an existing problem like most other blockchain projects do. Instead, they seek to profit from rising crypto prices via cryptocurrency mining. It will be a massive project that will consist of 10,000 mining machines powered in the most efficient way possible. Having said that, a common problem in the mining sector of the crypto world be high power costs. Miner Edge wants to avoid the extreme power costs associated with mining by using hydropower in an area with inexpensive rates.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: Anyone who sees value in crypto mining can invest in the project and reap the potential future benefits.
- Value creation: Miner Edge creates a unique value proposition in the form of extremely low-cost crypto mining that will yield higher profit margins than other miners. Miner Edge is registered in Anguilla, a crypto-friendly jurisdiction where profit taxes are zero percent. Their miners will be located in Manitoba Canada, which has globally competitive energy rates between $0.04 - $0.06/kWh (the U.S average is $0.12/kWh). Green energy is huge, and the project’s mining units are powered by 100% renewable hydro energy, ensuring low-cost, green electricity supply. Innovative technology and cooling solutions will ensure maximum profitability and efficient energy usage. Their diverse portfolio of five cryptocurrencies will help protect investors from unpredictable market downturn and risk. Payments to investors will be in ETH, and 75% of Miner Edge output will go to MET token holders, with another 25% going back into the system.
- Competition: Miner Edge will hit plenty of competition as many entrepreneurs are recognizing the high profit margins of crypto mining if done correctly. Other projects such as Hydrominer already have operating machines that were mining cryptocurrency even before the start of their ICO. Having said that, Miner Edge looks to use their low energy cost, tax-free situation, and diversity of coins to beat out the existing competition.
- Market size/potential: According to a report from Coherent Market Insights, the global cryptocurrency mining market was valued at US $610.91 million in 2016 and is expected to reach US $38.38 billion by 2025, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 29.7 percent over the forecast period. The market size for each individual currency varies, but Miner Edge will have a diverse portfolio of currencies to mitigate the damage from a potential market downturn.
- Regulatory risks: Though they are headquartered in Belarus, they have operations in Canada, where they will be liable to government regulations and tax.
- Investor value: Once mining operations commence, the value of MET Tokens may well increase, as only a fixed amount of them will be released. MET tokens entitle the token holders to a percentage share of the total profit of the mining and hosting operations, which will be paid out on a monthly basis. Monthly payouts will be in the form of ETH and could reach up to 9% ROI.
- Disclosures: Miner Edge hits every category in the disclosure department. They’ve got a detailed white paper and one-pager, objective biographies of each employee with associated LinkedIn profiles, and a unique, interactive function on the website that predicts the future value of your investment based on its size. Most projects fail to update the progress of their ICO, but Miner Edge keeps their site up-to-date on the funds raised. They’ve recently hit their soft cap of $1 million USD during the private sale (current funds sit at $1.19 million).
- Token distribution: 82% Miner Edge Community, 10% Founders (Management) Team, 6% Research and Development, and 2% The ICO Bounty Program.
- Use of proceeds: 90% Miner Edge Mining Facilities, 6% Mining Research and Development, and 4% Cover Administrative Expenses.
- Caps: Soft cap of $1 million USD; Hard cap of $32 million USD
- Track record: The experienced professionals in the Miner Edge team boast an array of impressive business accomplishments. Both Philip Ikechi Ejiofor (Co-Founder) and Pankaj Gupta (Tech Advisor) have previously founded or run other ventures. Gupta is an ICO bench top expert, analyzing and rating ICOs regularly. He’s also advised a few other projects that have been rated by BMJ, including MyCryptoBank (3.6), Loyakk (4.0), and BitNautic (3.9). The Miner Edge team has an overload of ICO and blockchain talent, a rare occurrence in a world where top blockchain talent is so limited. Top crypto expert Jason Hung has also joined the advisory board.
- Integrity: The Miner Edge team has a ton of entrepreneurial experience on their side. Most of the employees have either been a founder, co-founder, or CEO. A collection of entrepreneurs working together often leads to a project that creates economic and social value everywhere.
- Mr. Rakesh Handa, Founder & CEO (LinkedIn)
- Mr. Philip Ikechi Ejiofor, Co-Founder: (LinkedIn)
- Mr. Salman Qadir, Chief Investment Officer (LinkedIn)
- Mr. Pankaj Gupta, Technology Advisor (LinkedIn)
- MVP: Once the crowdsale soft cap is reached (which has already occurred), the first batch of mining equipment will be ordered from manufacturers and installation at the first mining center location will begin. However, the first official mining will start sometime in mid-November, 2018.
- Token use case: Miner Edge will use the MET token as a tool to efficiently and effectively crowdfund their project. It will serve as a security token that pays out monthly dividends to all token holders. The funds raised from the MET token sale will be used to purchase equipment and pay power bills. 75% of profits will go back to token holders as dividends and 25% will be reinvested in the company in order to continuously improve operations.
- Value-added: The MET token gives Miner Edge the ability to crowdfund their project and make it available to average investors. The MET tokens help Miner Edge pay out dividends every month via smart contracts based on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Decentralization: Miner Edge is not entirely decentralized, as token creation is done by a third party.
- Token Supply: Max supply of 60 million tokens.
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: The average person will have no trouble understanding the Miner Edge project because it revolves solely around mining cryptocurrencies. The technical aspects surrounding the “how” might give more trouble to the average investors.
- Halo effect: Miner Edge does not list any business partnerships, but they plan to partner with the major mining hardware manufacturers and will install cutting-edge cooling and wiring solutions in order to minimize the costs to ensure maximum profitability.
- Buzz: The Miner Edge team officially formed in January of 2018. Since then, they’ve done an excellent job spreading their name around in the crypto sphere. Their project has been featured on 24 different ICO listing sites and at least 10 crypto news sites. Their social media platforms, Twitter, Facebook, and Telegram, have 10.8K, 7.6K, and 11.2K followers respectively.