BMJ Score: 3.9
Quick Summary41 Investors read this
CommentaryCryptoCurve is an extremely ambitious project, and if successful, it will be a game changer. Cryptocurve differentiates in a very competitive market space by combining a number of key features in existing wallets and exchanges, but also releasing completely new tools like their fiat gateway and nuke features. Their team has a notable skill set and cross development experience, and having the entire wanchain team on their board of advisors is impressive. While we are excited for this project to launch, our major concern centers on their lack of a fully functional MVP. CryptoCurve has the potential to be a game changer and industry leader, but can they make their whitepaper into a reality?
- How to invest: Interested investors can register for the pre-sale via the registry form.
- Discount: 20% discount throughout the pre-sale.
- Eligibility: Residents of the Republic of China, U.S, and Canada are not allowed to participate.
- Token Price: Token Rate: 1 CURV = $0.20
- Jurisdiction: The United Kingdom.
- Problem addressed/solved: Crypto investors (regardless of their level of experience) face daunting barriers when investing, such as DDoS attacks, exchanges crashing, limited fiat gateways and an arcane system of hex addresses. These limitations lead to an environment of fragmented ecosystems, significant security vulnerabilities, and high barriers to entry.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: Three core audiences make up CryptoCurve’s strategy: Investors, Developers, and Emerging Companies. The Investor segment will be the primary focus in the short term, but targeted programs for the Developer and Emerging Companies segments will follow soon thereafter.
- Value creation: The Curve Wallet simplifies and accelerates adoption for seasoned investors and the general public by serving as a turnkey product for all blockchain-consumer needs. It offers unique advantages over similar products such as an intuitive and simple design and an all-in-one plantofmr for anyone to trade, buy, and hold. It brings every key component into one place
- DEX- Allows people to trade out tokens in a decentralized manner. This helps to combat any hacking because the buyer holds their own tokens without storing on a centralized server. The wallet itself will be built on an interoperable blockchain to conduct cross-chain transactions and exchange tokens that are not native to the blockchain. Seamless and friendly UI.
- NUKE- This is an industry first. It takes a snapshot of your currrent position in tokens you own, and if you see the market is turning, you can sell your tokens immediately and convert them into something like tether. As the market goes lower, it also helps you buy back in at a cheaper rate, i.e., if you have 100 tokens, and see the market goes down, you nuke and sell them all at once. As the market continues to go down, you can buy tokens. This will help people make profits during a market downturn.
- ICO investing- as icos are launched on the blockchain this wallet wil allow you to invest directly into the icos without revalidating your KYC.
- ICO staking: This helps you gain passive incomes. You can go away and lock up curve tokens, to A.) reduce the supply and push value up and B.) any ICOs that are launching on this platform can receive free airdrops and earn passive income by staking the curve tokens. There will be different tiers of rewards.
- ICO Pooling: Forgo the crowdsale, and then as a group you can pool funds as a group and buy in at a presale. Now people use PrimaBlock, but this new feature will be a pooling service built directly into the platform, allowing investors to distribute funds via smart contracts.
- Portfolio tracking- replace blockfolio, also use interactive granular charts
- Ultimately having one platform to do it all!
- Fiat gateway: This is a differentiator, as it allows you to buy without going to Coinbase; now you can do this through the wallet.
- Competition: Official wallet of the wanchain blockchain!
- Market size/potential: In 2015, the World Economic Forum predicted that by 2025 approximately 10% of the global Gross Domestic Product (GDP) would be stored on cryptocurrency blockchain technology.
- Regulatory risks: Constantly evolving government regulations around how crypto is classified. Some examples:
- Japan: Exchanges must be registered with the Japanese Financial Services Agency
- US: Exchanges are state dependent. Not every state allows crypto exchange, and those that do are dealing with changing definitions for crypto. Some regulators view digital currency as a security, and some view wallets as securities as well, which makes them subject to securities laws However, the IRS says crypto is not actually a currency and should be classified as property. Again, these definitions are constantly changing and companies in the wallet and exchange business will need to be aware of the change and adapt accordingly.
- EU: No EU member state can introduce its own currency, but exchanges (for the most part) are legal. All exchanges and wallets must be under the anti-money-laundering directory.
- China: Trading crypto and using exchanges is illegal.
- Investor value: Holders of the CURV token will have access to all features on the CryptoCurve platform, and the value of the token will derive from the demand for the platform. Furthermore, CURV token holders have additional power in their voting rights for which ICOs CryptoCurve should pursue. This power allows them to influence the ICOs they invest in, which could lead to future airdrops and more tokens for the holder.
- Disclosures: CryptoCurve only recently launched their whitepaper, which boasts an impressive 58 pages of useful information. They go into significant detail about the workings of the CryptoCurve ecosystem and how they plan to evolve CryptoCurve so that it not only serves investors, but also developers and emerging companies. Additionally, they offer a “pitch deck” and “commercial paper” for people who want to learn the overall scope of the business without having to spend hours digging through the whitepaper. Finally, their Curve Wallet is available for trial on the website with basic functionalities
- Wallet released
- Q4 2018: Will be connecting and merge with ETH blockchain for ICOs to pool with ERC20 tokens, the decentralized exchange, portfolio tracking
- Q1 2019: Nuke functionality
- Q2 2019: Fiat gateway
- Token distribution: 50% Public Sale, 35% CryptoCurve Foundation, and 15% Team & Advisors (Team tokens are locked for 2 years).
- Soft cap: No indication of a soft cap.
- Hard cap: $32 million USD
- Track record: The CryptoCurve team has a lot to prove with this project. The CEO, Joshua Halferty, has experience working at Hewlett Packard but has yet to successfully launch his own company. He must prove his leadership and entrepreneurial abilities will be enough to take this project to fruition. The CFO, Xander Yi, yields a bit of concern. His only significant work experience comes from the Law Offices of Gutierrez Yi, meaning most of his experience is with the legal side of business.. The ten-person team sits on the younger side of the age spectrum and thus will have to instill confidence in investors each step of the way.
- Team: Eight core members from multiple disciplines:
- Josh Halferty: CEO with seven years of industry experience as a project manager, but no entrepreneurial ventures yet.
- Andrew Kerrison: Systems Architect with ten years of experience in web development and mobile app design, but not blockchain. Will be building on top of wanchain blockchain, which already is solid.
- Alexander Lenart: Dedicated to creative design. The platform’s UI is beautiful.
- Paul Landingin: Sales Director with a solid recruitment background he can use to grow partnerships.
- Benn Godenzi: Co-Founder of the Interoperability Alliance of wanchain. He has significant blockchain experience with ICOs. He served as an ICO advisor for Stack and on the marketing team at AION. He has significant hooks in the blockchain space.
- Sean McGurk: He has a strong background within security and systems, and prior experience in AWS in security and intel security. This is great because wallet security is essential.
- Advisors: 4 of them…
- Dustin Byington: President of wanchain foundation ICO.
- Ben Murray: Executive startup advisor, also worked with wanchain core team.
- Mark Ashelford: Oxford University graduate, Head of Russells Solicitors. He understands how to use digital media to propel the company forward from a marketing perspective.
- Rajesh Gopi: MBA, Head of business development. Consultant at Coinbase with significant experience.
- Team: Eight core members from multiple disciplines:
- Integrity: Strong team with great advisory board.
- Joshua Halferty (LinkedIn)
- Xander Yi (LinkedIn)
- Andre Cronje (LinkedIn)
- MVP: The Curve Wallet is already available with basic functionality on the CryptoCurve website. Anyone can create a new wallet and subsequently join the Curve platform to get a feeling for it before the full launch.
- Token use case (What does it do? Is it really required?): The CURV token is the fuel for the CryptoCurve ecosystem, allowing real-time transfers with low fees and low-fee cryptocurrency payments to payment integrators; and allowing developers to abstract the underlying infrastructure from the tools they are building. The CURV token is required for nearly every function on the platform.
- Value-added: All CURV token holders have voting rights for which ICOs Curve should pursue to list on their platform. They also receive discounts on Curve-supported ICOs and trading fees when paying with CURV tokens, and can participate in ICO staking and investing via the Curve platform. CURV allows ease of use, abstraction, and inclusiveness. It offers the same design principles as CryptoCurve:
- Voting rights: Token holders have a say in the direction of CryptoCurve.
- Pooling: Can't use without tokens.
- Discounts: You will get a more favorable price if you purchase with CURV tokens for any ICOs on their blockchain network.
- Burning: Buyback feature, which allows users to burn some of those tokens down, ultimately reducing supply, increasing demand, and raising value.
- Staking: Ability to receive ICO airdrops on their blockchain.
- Decentralization: The CryptoCurve wallet and associated products will function alongside their decentralized exchange (DEX).
- Token Supply: Max supply of 415 million CURV.
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: CryptoCurve wants to become the epitome of a user-friendly wallet. They want to offer individuals an all-in-one wallet solution that anyone with a pulse could use. Therefore, they make it a point to create a product that’s intuitive and easy to understand.
- Halo effect: CryptoCurve has yet to report a legitimate partnership. They plan to designate a member of their staff along with some ICO funds to acquire the necessary partnerships for their project.
- Buzz: CryptoCurve is a brand new pre-ICO. They only recently launched their whitepaper, so their overall buzz should, at first, be taken with a grain of salt. They’ve amassed 300 Facebook and 3,300 Twitter followers. Their Telegram actually exceeds expectations with a solid 12,000 members. Telegram gives investors a better insight into a project’s buzz, because most blockchain/crypto enthusiasts follow Telegram rather than typical social media accounts.