BMJ Score: 2.1
Quick Summary109 crypto investors read this
CommentaryIt’s no secret that the health of our planet is deteriorating. According to the World Health Organization, 4.2 million people die annually due to air pollution, and there is a shortage of investment platforms devoted to funding for the environment. The ASGARD platform is motivated to shed light on hidden environmental damage such as undeclared waste and air pollutants, while encouraging individuals to invest in environmental programs. Up to 45% of domestic solid waste is undeclared, meaning that significant waste exists in oceans, forests, and deserts. The ASGARD platform wants to motivate individuals to help find this hidden environmental damage and eliminate environmental violations. The ASGARD ECO FUND will contribute to finding solutions to environmental problems caused by decomposing plastic wastes by using an alternative crypto financing program. ASGARD states that the blockchain will be used to verify and approve member data on ecological damage. It will instantly issue a reward for this revealed proof of damage while guaranteeing anonymity and immutability. The project will also foster an online exchange for recovered and recycled raw materials, household goods made from recycled equipment, and services useful in environment-focused activity. ASGARD does have the lead time advantage here but that might be because this is too niche of a market without enough demand for the project. Furthermore, the team is very small and does not list any partnerships. While there are some advisors, they do not appear to be entirely related to the crypto world. The transparency is also lacking; the whitepaper discusses the platform will be launched on the Ethereum blockchain, but gives very little information about roadmap and token details. Ultimately, this is an interesting and noble idea, but we are not confident that there is a large enough market to justify the ICO. We are doubtful that the team is large enough or experienced enough to capture the demand of the crypto market, and there is hardly any marketing or press to help the project make a mark.
- How to invest: The first step to invest in this project is to visit the main site and register via clicking “buy coins” on the first page.
- Discount: N/A
- Eligibility: Restricted countries include the US and China.
- Token Price: The initial price of 1 ASG during Pre-Sale is U.S.$0.1666.
- Jurisdiction: United Arab Emirates
- Problem addressed/solved: ASGARD is solving a simple and to-the-point issue: the decline in deep recycling and processing of hazardous polymer wastes internationally.
- Target customers/customer/ segments/verticals: ASGARD’s solution is for small and medium sized enterprises professionally involved in waste management.
- Value creation: ASGARD is a decentralized crypto ecological fund that provides funding for specific environmental tasks. The fund provides people with a unique motivation mechanism (ASG token rewards) to search for hidden environmental damage. Everyone on the globe could benefit from the platform, and small to medium sized business will have more opportunities to make environmental impacts.
- Competition: ASGARD likely won’t find too much competition in this space as it’s a very niche market and unique initiative.
- Market size/potential: ASGARD is attacking a niche market without a doubt, but it might be too niche in the sense that the market doesn’t really exist yet. It’s more of a “noble cause” platform that will be more relevant as people take environmental issues more seriously down the road.
- Regulatory risks: Blockchain is a great use case here but ASGARD will have to aware of limited liquidity, the limits of anonymity within the protocol, and potential government resistance.
- Investor value: ASGARD states that token holders will receive monthly payment in the form of ASG at the rate of 6% to the total amount they own. It’s almost a required benefit considering the ASG token has no real value other than its use as a reward for users who contribute new, verified projects to the platform.
- Disclosures: ASGARD has the basic whitepaper and token sale agreement documents along with more unique additions like their “green paper” and “company history” documents. The documents are, for the most part, disorganized and filled with information that’s either hard to read or not relevant (definitions of basic terms like “cryptocurrency”). ASGARD’s focus should be on developing a REAL Minimum Viable Product versus posting a PDF of what the blockchain system would theoretically look like.
- Token distribution: Information unavailable.
- Use of proceeds: 84% ASG projects, 6% ASG team, and 10% marketing.
- Caps: Soft cap: $1.3 billion USD; Hard cap: $5.2 billion USD
- Track record: ASGARD has a small six-person team with four advisors and three ambassadors of the project. The team does not have a strong LinkedIn presence by any means.In fact it looks as if they created their accounts specifically for this project. The founder of ASGARD, Oleg Zhokhov, is actually very well known in the environmental conservation space. He’s a Russian businessman who owns MAG Group Russia, a company that owns the largest landfill in Russia that’s designed to dispose of waste in the most environmentally-friendly way possible. There’s a steep drop-off from Mr. Zhokhov to the rest of the team, but a tight knit group with a solid advisory board just might be enough to get the job done.
- Integrity: ASGARD does not have the most impressive team on the market, but it’s actually one of the project’s highest rating categories. The project has a solid group of advisors and, with the reputation of Zhokhov, it shouldn’t be difficult to make connections and an immediate impact. People will take the project more seriously with Zhokhov at the helm.
- Oleg Zhokhov, Founder (LinkedIn)
- Nikolay Galochkin, CEO, co-founder (LinkedIn)
- Elizaveta Zhokhova, PR & Media Relations, co-founder (LinkedIn)
- MVP: ASGARD does not have an operational MVP nor does it have plans to release one. The team expects to complete and implement blockchain technology on the platform by mid-2019.
- Token use case: ASG acts as the accounting altcoin for the platform and will serve as a means of transaction and reward. It’s an ERC-20 utility token that will mostly serve as an incentive for users to upload the environmental issues they wish to tackle first.
- Value-added: The only value that ASG brings to the platform is its function as a reward for user contributions. This project requires the participation of environmentally conscious individuals, and in order to incentivize their participation, ASGARD offers the ASG token as a reward.
- Decentralization: The ASGARD platform is a decentralized blockchain with a distributed data storage system, offering an alternative crypto financing solution aimed at environmental objectives.
- Token Supply: Limited supply of 25 billion ASG.
- Technical difficulty/investment expertise needed: ASGARD actually complicates its message to investors on the website. The basis of this project revolves around the creation of a platform that will serve as a digital financing tool for small to medium sized companies professionally involved in waste management. Watching the explanatory video will definitely help with understanding the overarching aspects of the project.
- Halo effect: ASG have not listed any partners as of writing.
- Buzz: ASGARD has received features in a variety of crypto news outlets, but it’s important to remember that these ICO sites seek out projects to fill their pages with content. ASGARD may have a few reviews and mentions on these sites simply because they’re an interesting project about which investors might want to read. As far as social media goes, ASGARD has a combined 8,000 followers on Facebook and Twitter. The project is lucky to receive more than five likes per post, which leads us to believe that the vast majority (if not all) of its followers are fake.